Chapter 10

(Warning: Weapons & killing.)

Anxious is a small word to describe how nervous I am today. My stomach was filled with jitters because of anxiety. I kept looking at every little itty bitty detail of the decorations in the house of Rania's husband.

They had a bigger place so we were doing the mehndi together which was great but I wasn't feeling it. Maybe it is the realization that my beloved sister will be leaving me.

Yeah I think it is that.

I was sitting on the chair, staring at Rania as everyone started the tradition of coming up to the bride putting oil on her hair, and feeding her sweets. Right next to her was the groom, they did the same gesture to him too.

I didn't tell Dad and Mom about Rashid or quitting my job. I kept silent, I couldn't take away the smiles they had. A part of me was thinking of Rashid and his words, I knew that I was letting his words get to me but I couldn't let this little happiness take away from us even if it means I have to pretend or lie.

"Excuse me" I turn around to the voice and was met with a girl. She wasn't any of my cousins so I assume from the guy side they know her.

"Yes?"

She looks around and then comes closer to me. "Are you Sanam?" I nod.

"Oh thank God I found you, actually I went upstairs to use the bathroom and I think it was your phone that was ringing many many times, and I think it was your boss that was calling as that's what the id was on the phone...but there were many phone calls from your boss, I recommend you to go see."

My phone?

I look in my bag and it wasn't there.

When did I?

I probably left while getting Rania ready.

Wait-Boss?

As in Edward?

or my Old one?

"Thank you so much for telling me." I quickly run up the stairs to the room only to not see my phone there at all. I look on the dresser, bed, and floor but there was no one.

What's going on?

"I don't see-" I turn to see her closing the door and then I hear the locking making me run up to the door.

"Hey! Why would you lock the door?" I pull the doorknob. "I'm still in here! Open the door!"

Why did she close the door?

Why did she lie?

Is this a prank?

I knock hard on the door. "Someone open the door please!"

Before I could think I heard a loud bang, making me stop midway.

"What?"

I knock hard. My heart racing fast. "Please-"

A scream echoes to where I was and I shiver.

No.

No.

Allah, what is happening?

"Someone! Please open the door! Please!"

Yet all I heard were more screams.

I look around crazily to find anything I see a lamp. I grab it and smash it on the doorknob several times to break it. After several hard hits, the knob loosens, I pull and pull, and it finally drops to the ground.