Chapter 2

Edward Grey

As soon as the name rolls out of the new boss's lips, I felt chills. Can a name give someone shivers, or have I created some new bodily function reaction?

His name itself screamed Power, Dominance-Oh My God, what if he is in the mafia?

Such things exist right? Perhaps, maybe, no.

I groan as I walk to the bus stop. Not quite sure why my mind was thinking about him. Mumbling "Astagfiruallah"

(I seek Forgiveness)

Work was tough and awkward today. He didn't talk to me directly at all but his eyes kept going towards me even when I wasn't even looking at him, I could feel his two dark brown eyes staring at me.

Whatever issue he has with me, he needs to resolve it. I can't be in a company where the male species are perverts.

I stop at the bus stop, staring up at the sky as it was pouring. Rather than being annoyed with the rain as it was making me get drenched, I smile. My lips curl up into a warming smile and I say

"Allaahumma sayyiban naafi'an (O Allah (bring) beneficial rain clouds)
Allaahumma "asqinaa ghaythan mugheethan maree'an, naafi'an ghayradhaarrin, 'aajilin ghayra 'aajili (O Allah, shower upon us abundant rain, beneficial not harmful, swiftly not delayed"

I don't know for how long I stood there smiling while looking at the sky.

The rain fell on my face, eyes, nose, lips, and everywhere else.

It was the best feeling ever!

I don't know how people can hate Rain.

I love the Quote Hanamoto Hagumi said, I love the rain. I love how it softens the outline of things. The world becomes softly blurred, and I feel like, I Melt right into it.

Hanamoto is sure right. Rain makes me calm, and tells me that within the storm, there is calmness.

Letting out a breath, I look down trying to see if the bus is here yet or not but instead I see two figures walking from the building with bodyguards that were holding the umbrellas for them.

Oh My Allah!

I glance away as I had no reason to gawk at the two men. Pretending to look at the non-existent bus coming at any moment to drive me away but it's not my day. I hear their steps coming closer making me fist my hands, not knowing what they both want.

"Miss Sanam" I glance to see Rashid smiling at me. "It seems the bus is late and it is raining, we don't mind dropping you off."

Ah, hell no.

I clear my throat. "No, that is okay."

Why would I even go with them? They are strangers, males, and non-mahram.

"I insist."

I sigh. "Sorry but Rashid I cannot go with you or your other friend. You guys are non-mahram."

He just chuckles "Don't worry sweetie, your boss is coming with us. He is the one who told me to come to get you, so you either come or you lose your job" He smirks and I stare at him in disbelief.

Astaghfirullah!

What type of lunacy is this?

I frown thinking, my gaze going to the clouds and seeing them quite greyish, promising raining storm. I give him a tight smile and he leads me to the way of the car. As soon as my eyes see the car, I halt in my steps.

My mouth hangs open seeing the latest perhaps even the most expensive car I have ever seen in my life. The window rolls down making me look at it, only to avert my gaze seeing that it was Edward that had seen me drool over his car. He smirks at me and I blush, averting my gaze to see my ex-boss his elderly smile makes me smile back at him. "Sir, where will I be sitting?"