Butter knifes and guns | eddmatt (furture au)

Edd leaned against the building, holding a fake cigarette cause he thought he looked more cool and edgy. Of course he was wrong and he just looked depressed. Edd looked down at the red papered letter. Edd never understood why Matt or Tom would just leave him like this.

Tord had convinced them to be in the red army and they agreed, he was still thinking about it. The letter was telling Edd to join to. But he couldn't fall for it. There must be more to it.

Edd dropped the cigarette and walked into the empty streets.

Matt grabbed the paperwork and started heading to Tord's office. He had to sign shit to join of course and Matt decided to spend more time looking a the mirror then getting it done. So this was all last minute.

Matt saw Tom walking in the hallways. Tom now had his visor for eye cancer cause that bitch just had to scan his eyes like that. Tom ran up to Matt.

"Long time no see...?" Tom said. "Yeah." Matt smiled. Tom's phone rang and he quickly checked it. "Uh it's red leader, I'll catch you later?" Tom asked. "Yeah." Matt said.

Matt sighed as his friend rushed away. Matt started walking back to his leaders office.

Edd sneaked though he base and stoped at every corner. He knew he needed to find a uniform to disguise or something!

Edd stopped at a nearby laundry room and for the convince of writing and story's he found an outfit that fit. Edd walked down the empty hallways. It must have been past the soldiers bedtimes or they were all out in the cafeteria.

Anyway, Edd found a map and it told him where Tord's office was, he got really fucking lucky on that. Edd quickly started heading there. He started to speed walk as fast as he could but as soon as he turned the corner... BAM
He ran into someone.
And this someone is none other than MATT!

(Dun dun DUN)

"M-Matt-?" Edd stuttered. Matt looked at Edd with shock in his eyes. "Edd..?" Matt whispered. "I um.. so um.." Edd shook in fear. "Edd, follow me." Matt grabbed Edd's hand and pushed him into a janitor closet.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Matt whispered yelled. "Im here on mission." Edd shrugged. "Do you understand what tor- red leader will do to you if he finds you here!" Matt started to panic. Edd shrugged and tried to walk out of the closet. But Matt pulled him back in and caused them to get in a weird position. "E-Edd you need to get out of this base." Matt said awkwardly. "Matt, no. I'm a grown adult and your acting like I'm a child about to jump a fence!" Edd whispered yelled.

Edd turned away and grabbed the handle. Matt lightly touched Edd's hand. He felt tears come down his face. "He'll kill you." Matt sobbed. "Matt your over thinking." Edd said. Matt held Edd's arm. "Please don't leave me again!" Matt cried. "What do you mean?" "Tord told us that you fled the apartment building and left us behind. We were lost. Tom ended up getting beaten, and I just watched." Matt was practically on the floor.

"Matt, that's not what happened. I passed out in the middle of the stair well. Someone found me and put me in a survival group. I need to kill Tord." Edd said firmly. "Can I come?" Matt looked at Edd, his eyes were red. Edd helped Matt up. "Okay, but if something happened just wanna do something real quick." Edd lightly kissed Matt. Matt frozed as Edd pulled away. "Let's go ya ginger." Edd exited the closet. Matt lightly smiled and grabbed his gun.

Edd knocked on Tord door. "Come in" was heard faintly. Edd entered the room, matt fallowing behind. "Ah, Edd I've been expecting you." Tord said with a grin. "I see you have square chin here with you. Shame. I'm surprised you didn't bring Thomas." "Shut your mouth you bastard! You tricked them! You made them think I left them behind!" Edd yelled, aiming his gun at Tord's head. "Edd, I don't wanna fight. This is child's play." Tord laughed, he playfully put his hands up. "I know you may think it's my fault Tom and Matt were left behind by their "best friend"" Matt winced and gripped his guy tighter. "You never came back for them. You just fled them off. You probably wouldn't even go looking for them if hadn't been you were sent here." Edd felt his eyes water. Matt dropped his gun and he felt tears tho down his face.

"That's not true! I would have come back! You don't understand what happened!" Edd screamed, he cocked the gun and was ready to hit the trigger. "Tsk Tsk Edd. When will you learn. We all make mistakes. But you see, you left your poor friends behind. To die." Tord pulled out his gun and aimed it at Matt. "Tick tock Edd. I have many more soldiers." Tord smiled.

Edd could see the fear in Matt's eyes. Edd felt his gun fall out of his hands. Edd wrapped his arms around matt. Tears stained his face. "You have five minutes. Or else I'll have your brains come out the back of both you heads." Tord whispered.

Edd grabbed Matt's hand and ran him out of the room.

5 minutes

Edd rushed down the hall. He took the stairs because the elevator would take up too much time. Matt felt his legs be carried. Their minds were running faster than their legs.

3 minutes

Edd bumped into somebody and sent his and Matt to fall over. It was Tom. "Edd! Matt! What-?" Tom stuttered. Edd grabbed Matt's hand and ran past Tom.

Tom felt tears run down his face. His friends abandoned him.

1 minute

Edd kicked open the base door and him and Matt crashed into the snow. They huffed and gasped. Their breath was sore and hallow. Edd reaches into his bag and threw matt a water. "Thanks." Matt said with a scratchy voice. Edd nodded.

"Edd..." Matt whispered. Edd looked at matt with a 'wot' face. "Thank you." Matt smiled. Edd smiled and pecked Matt's cheek.

"Come on, let's go home."

Sorry for not being active I've been really busy lately