Regret

Leo.

I thought I did the right, the noble thing but now all I feel is regret. It's not fair, she didn't deserve it but now she is gone. My beautiful Tara is gone forever and I never knew why. I let time run out my chance is gone.  Its about time for us all to go back to school, and I'm going, It might help me get my mind of things. I'll be staying and going to school with Percy and Ms. Jackson. Were suppose to lay low and try to make it through the the school year, but I only give us us til the 2nd semester.

Ms. Jackson's car pulls up and I sulkily get inside. She knows what happened and even though Tara was not her own she seemed quite sad. Sh turned the radio on and tried to lighten the mood with small talk but neither Percy or myslef were really into it. 

The Jackson's appartment was nice and my room was a decent size. As I unpack my things I take out the ppicture of Tara and I at the dance and I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry. My tie and suit were disheveled from pushing through the crowd and Tara's hair was a mess, but in my mind she never looked more beautiful. In the end sadness won out and I cried tears falling onto the frame as I put it down. My stuff didn't take long to unpack, I don't own all that much anyway. I decided to skip dinner, as I have done quite alot latley, and decide to make another pointless attempt at sleeping.

Tara Pov

Death is well not fun. I know 'state the obvious much' but I mean its boring. You can go through the Ez death line and wander in the Fields of Asphodel forever or you can try to be judged and risk the fields of punishment. I however am not in either line, I stand off the the side trying to find a way out. I don't know why Artemis killed me, or sabatoged my whatever it was, but I intend to find out. Guards down here are extensive I mean I practically have one breathing down my shoulder, you know if they could breathe and all. I sit my ghostly self down before I notice somthing, or rather someone walking around. We never spesifically talked, he was quite reserved but the mop of hair next to him was quite comforting. 

"NIco! Hazel!" I yell suddenly standing. Hazel turns around first and scans the crowd of dead. Once her eyes rest upon me she practically sprints over and tries to wrap me in a bear hug. Of course she goes right through me but the thought was nice.

"Tara! Oh my gods I'm so sorry about what happened. It wasn't fair you were way to young." Hazel says and I watch Nico slowly saunter over moving alot like the dead.

"Yeah being dead sucks honestly, but listen I have to tell you something" I move away from the guard and whisper everything I know so far and my dreams. 

"Woah, no way! I can't belive her! I always kind of admired Artemis granted the forever alone life is not for me, but this is pretty bad." Hazel replies after I finish.

"I know and that's why I need your help. I need to expose her. But first I need to escape" I explain, I know I must be asking alot but I can't leave here on my own and who better to help me then the children of Hades himself.

"I will probably get in trouble, but of course I will help. Everyone has been really depressed, especially Leo and Percy." Hazel then continues to update me on the well being of everyone in camp. Once her little speech is over I look to Nico.

"You seem to know the underworld the best. How do I get out of here?" I ask him.

"Our main worry is Dad, someone would have to distract him. Then we have to go meet up with death. If we can convince him to give you your life back then I can lead you out. Simple." Nico sums up.

"I have a feeling there is alot ypou aren't telling me but I don't want to know. What do I do in the meantime? When is this happening." 

"He has alot of judge ments sceduled next monday. Just hang out to the side until then."

"Gottcha see you monday" 

"Bye" Nico and Hazel say as they make their way toward the king of the underworld's castle. 

Just a week, just gotta wait a week. I sit down on the blackened soil and sigh. This will be longest week of my afterlife.