Reading what Jellybabies is about, I decided that it's not for us. After some more searching, I close the browser and turn off the laptop. "How about we go and visit Uncle Sam and see Martha, yeah?" I suggest, not that Sera has much say in the matter. 

We get ready in record time. Having had enough practice recently, I'm able to get dressed, change Sera's outfit, make sure that her bag is packed and call for a town car all in thirty minutes. By the time the car has arrived, Sera is still placid enough that we can transport everything to our destination before she decides that the London air doesn't agree with her. Thankfully, when we arrive at Courtenay Galleries, Sera still hasn't cried once. Not even a gurgle. I'm impressed. 

We're aided by the driver from the car company and he expertly sets up the pram for us so that Sera can go straight inside and I'm able to strap her baby bag on the handle. I tip the driver as it was above and beyond his remit to help me with the baby and tell him that I will be able to get home without the need of the car coming back. He tips his head, tells me that I have a beautiful baby and then gets back into the car before driving away. 

"Charlotte!" I hear someone practically shout out my name as soon as I enter the art gallery. One of the curators who is busy with a potential client turns to see the commotion but turns her nose up at us once she notices the pram. Not that I care because Evelyn Harrow is walking towards me with the biggest smile I've ever seen. "How are you, sweetheart? I've been meaning to come and see you but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate. Martha and Sam have been telling me that it's ok, but I remember how it was after I had Ewan so I've kept away."

"You can visit us anytime, Evie," I reassure her. Even though she was Sophie's sister-in-law, I considered Evelyn and all of Daniel's family to be my family too, especially as Sam is one of my closest friends. Noticing how Evie is staring at Sera, I tell her that she can pick the baby up from the pram is she wants. Not a second later, Evelyn has Sera in her arms. "She may cry in a bit. She'll want to feed soon."

Evie nods. "That's ok," she speaks in a melodic voice. "Baby-wabies cry all the time, don't they, little one? I don't mind. How could anyone mind when you look as adorable as you do! Yes, you do. You look adorable."

After that, Evelyn began to walk away while still cradling my daughter. I was half tempted to follow her but a movement in the corner of my eye had me frozen in my place. A man with dark hair and incredible green eyes were staring directly at me, much to the annoyance of the gallery curator. When the man smiled at me, I felt my stomach twist in irritation. 

Of all the places I had the misfortune to bump into Clark Reiss, it had to be here. I hadn't seen him in months, not since I point-blank refused to sell my business to him and I partly hoped that he'd buggered off back to the back end of nowhere in Texas from whence he came, but alas, I had no such luck. Here he was in Sam's gallery and his smug lips were twisted in a sadistic smile. 

Alright, it wasn't that bad, but he did wear a look that I wanted to slap off his face. 

"Well, well, Miss Delaney, what a pleasure it is to see you again," he said, mild amusement dripping in his words. I think we were both in agreement that this was not at all a pleasure. "How is your company doing these days?"

"Better now that we're rid of you and your claws," I respond, not caring that it wasn't the least bit polite. "Dare I ask why you're still here? I thought you would have gone back to Texas already."

Clark laughed. "I forgot that you have quite the fire within you. To answer your question, I did go back to Texas but then I returned. My business in London isn't yet complete. Actually, that reminds me, I was going to come and see you but I'd heard on the grapevine that you're on maternity leave. Congratulations."