𝟎𝟏

JERK
CHAPTER ONE
PICKY & RELAXED

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     VANESSA SIGHED, SITTING down at an empty lunch table. She looked around, seeing everyone with bright, happy smiles. She couldn't stop thinking about her duet with Beckett. Vanessa couldn't find the strength to work with him. They haven't even worked on half of the routine yet and it's due by the end if the day.

"Hey, your majesty." A voice says, snapping Vanessa out of her train of thoughts. She knew that voice like the back of her hand, a voice that got on her nerves without even trying to.

"What?" Vanessa snapped at Beckett, looking up at him with a glare.

Beckett smiled, amused at her attitude. "Woah, feisty, aren't we?" He sat down beside her on the table, his feet propped up on the wooden bench seats.

"You think this is a joke? We haven't worked on half of our routine and its due by the end of the day, Beckett." She scolded the blonde boy, who only rolled his eyes.

"Well, maybe we'd be done by now if you weren't so picky."

Vanessa scoffed, "Picky? I am not picky!"

"Sure you aren't," A sarcastic reply left Beckett's mouth. This time it was Vanessa's turn to roll her eyes.

Another sigh came from the Morita girl, "Look.. I really want to get a good grade, okay? And I can't do that unless you stop acting like a fool."

"Oh pha-lease," He sighed out dramatically, "I take dance very seriously," Beckett says, catching Vanessa giving him a look, as if to say 'oh really?' with her arms folded, "Hey, that's the truth. But back to my point, I can't do that unless you stop being so picky and tense all the time. Those are my conditions if you want us to work together."

Vanessa avoids eye contact with Beckett, while he kept staring at her. "Come on," Beckett stands up, stretching his hand out to the girl.

"What?"

"Stand up."

Vanessa nervously stands up, grabbing Beckett's hand. He began tugging her along with him."Where are we going?"

"Just follow me." Beckett smiles to himself, looking around the quad that was filled with students.

"But my lunch..." Vanessa complains, a certain tone to her voice as she used her lunch as an excuse to not go with Beckett.

"It's fine, Vee." Beckett continues taking lead, walking ahead of her. Vanessa's cheeks tinted a rosy red at the nickname Beckett called her.

"Only my friends call me Vee." She states quietly.

"We're friends, aren't we?"

"Well, not real—"

"Exactly, we not really friends, so lets get to know each other." Beckett glanced back at Vanessa, who had a weary look on her face. "Come on, you know you want to." He teased.

The Bradstreet boy lead Vanessa to the dance studio. "We'll work on some moves, see what we got and combine our ideas. And remember, just relax."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

    IT WAS NOW the end of the day, and the class were currently presenting their duet's.

"Beckett and Vanessa." Miss Helswheel calls out slowly, eyeing the two skeptically with her beady eyes.

"We got this," Beckett reassures Vanessa, placing his hands on her shoulders, looking at her intently.

The music began and the two started their dance. Vanessa's best friend, who watched them together was almost everyone could feel the energy and tension between them. The end of the dance neared, and slowly, the music faded as the class erupted into a series of claps.

"That was ... acceptable." Helswheel says, marking the two on her clipboard.

"See... I told you." Beckett winked at the girl, who only laughed softly at him.

_____

author's note!

idk how to write dance scenes oml but i hope this was good enough :)
vote, comment and share xo