Book 2: Chapter 4

Usually my missions which are associated with a Cleaner's job are much more exciting than this mission which was one from the FBI. I was investigating a series of burglaries around this area and the Xavier brother's involvement- if any at all- in them. These kind of jobs are usually for the cops, yet here I am doing this undercover investigation myself. I have to admit that it was most boring ever, I mean absolutely no action at all as yet. I know that it was probably still too early considering I just moved in yesterday but I wish I was seeing some progress already. The sooner I get this case solved the sooner I can get out of here. I hadn't been lucky enough to meet my new neighbours as yet, apparently no one was home when I got here yesterday and when I woke up this morning they still weren't back. I was super bored already.

Ping

I look down at my phone that was on the kitchen island beside the empty plate I had just eaten from. I took it up and open the message that had just came in.

Thinking about that second chance. Tyler

I couldn't help but smile at his persistence. He was so determine about that second chance, he made sure to remain persistent. He would be calling or texting every minute he got asking about it. I had told Debra that he was behaving desperate but she contradicted that it wasn't desperate but love and that I wasn't being fair, I should give him a chance and hear him out.
I decided to call him instead of texting back.

"This is a surprise" Tyler answered the phone.

"Really? Why is it?" I laughed.

"You hardly even seem to want to text me back most of the time. Its like you were avoiding me or something so I never thought you'd initiate calling me" he responded.

"I wasn't avoiding you and I just felt like calling you instead of texting" I responded "I thought you wanted me to respond, so why are you complaining now?"

"I wasn't complaining, I only said I was surprise" Tyler responded "What's up?"

"I'm bored" I told him "I'm at the apartment and there's no real action here as yet"

"Oh so that's why you called me. You're bored and figured you'd use me for your entertainment?"

"No" I denied "If I wanted to do that I'd tell you to come over"

"And I'd just tell you I'm busy" Tyler replied.

"Please, if I ask you over you'd be here in a second Tyler" I said to him.

"Want to bet? Why don't you try inviting me over and see"

"You should come over"

"Sorry, I'm busy" Tyler responded.

"That's too bad. I was thinking we could have that dinner you've been bugging me about" I said to him.

"Bugging you? Is that what you call it?"

"Yeah. You've been constantly texting or calling just to find out when I can have dinner with you, in my eyes that's called bugging"

"Well I see it as chasing after what I want. Is that such a bad thing?"

It took me a while before I could answer because in fact, what he was doing wasn't wrong. He wanted a second chance with me and that's what he's been after all this time- by blowing up my phone with texts and calls.

"Tyler, I think we really need to talk about things first. Whenever you're available, we could have that dinner and talk. I have to go now, so we'll talk later okay"

After we ended the call, I was sure that I heard my new neighbours finally came back. I believe it was time I introduced myself to them. The sooner we get acquainted the sooner I'll know if they're involved in those burglaries.

****
I was really hoping that the plan I had would work as I went and knocked on the Xavier's door. I was wearing an outfit that I hope they wouldn't be able to say no to- something that will make me look more attractive.

"What do you.... want?" One of the brother who had opened the door trailed off when he saw me.

"Hi, my name is Cassie. I just moved in next door..." I smiled at him.

"Oh, you're the new neighbour?" He asked seemingly surprised.

I just said that didn't I?

"Yeah, I am" I nodded smiling "I figured that I should come introduced myself. So you are?"

"My name's Joshua, Joshua Xavier" he responded while obviously checking me out.

"Its nice meeting you Josh" I smiled at him "I can call you Josh right? You don't mind?"

"No, I don't. You can call me Josh" he smiled giddily at me.

"Okay, great. I'll call you Josh" I smiled back at him "Again, it was nice meeting. I guess I'll see you around then?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, you will" he grinned nodding "And you can stop by any time for anything"

"I'll bear that in mind"