Chapter 7

"Let me just clip off these en..."

"No !" I shouted cutting off the hairdresser "No clipping or cutting is going to happen with my hair"

"Its just the ends and they're uneven" she tried telling me.

"I don't care, leave them that way I'll figure it out. Every single time one of you said you're just going to clip up and even the hair ends, I ended up with big chunks of my hair gone" I said to her "I asked for a blowout and silk pressed, just do exactly that".

"Cassie they're a few ends that really need to be cut" Mom said to me.
She had gotten her hair done as well, taking out her fauxlocs and getting a bobcut.

"Okay fine" I sighed defeated "But just clip, if I look in that mirror when you're done and more hair is cut off than I want, there's going to be hell...and I mean literally. All hell is going to break loose if you cut off more hair than necessary"

"Cassie stop it" mom said to me before looking at the hairdresser who was clearly frightened by my threat "She's kidding okay?"

"No I'm serious" I said to her "So just make sure you know what you're doing"

Fortunately for the hairdresser I wasn't displeased with my haircut so she got off easy. I was really serious when it comes on to my hair. After we left the hair salon mom and I stopped by the supermarket to pick up a few groceries. I had gone over the fruit aisle when a small boy about four years old bumped into me while running from
his father. I quick in using my hand holding onto him preventing him from falling on his butt from the force of bumping into me.

"Hey bud, what have I told you about running..." The father said as he came picking up the little boy before looking at me "Sorry about that"

"Its okay" I smiled at him "I was a little kid once"

Even though the boy was still young he was the splitting image of hia father. After the guy and his son walked off I couldn't help but staring at them wondering what it would be like if I had grown up with a normal lifestyle and a father like other kids. I was brought back from my reverie by Mom calling my name.

"Cassie, how long does it take to pick up a couple of fruits?" She asked as she grabbed a bag and began putting some bananas in.

"Oh, sorry I just got a little distracted" I said shaking my head.

"Is everything alright?" She asked looking up at me.

"Yes of course" I smiled waving my hand "Everything's good"

***
"So tell us again why you have to be the one to be this guy's bodyguard?" I asked Harvey.

"I was given the task by cleansers organization" Harvey responded "Apparently the men that the guy got involved with could be connected with an upcoming mob"

"Does this mean you're going to have to be with him all the time like go stay at his home too?" I asked him.

"No,  I'm just hired to accompany him whenever he's out" Harvey responded "His house has security system installed so I'll only be with him on his outings but this is really just an opportunity for me to gain information and this supposed group"

"Was he the one who wanted a bodyguard?" Mom asked.

"Yes. I guess after he got
messed up with them apparently he started realizing that they may be dangerous so he wants to be on the safe side" Harvey replied.

"Is he the same banker that we had a profile about?" Mom asked him.

"Yeah that's the one" Harvey responded.