Chapter Eighteen.

Start from the beginning

Jimin watched her skeptically with narrowed eyes, keeping the stance until she gave up and sighed, leaning across the table to exaggeratedly whisper at him.

"He has a crush on you, Mr. Park. You seem to ignore how the poor kid's blushing around you," she spoke slyly, slumping back in her seat with a triumphant smile etched on her face.

Jimin frowned for a second, keeping quiet for a few moments before speaking up. "Wha-what? That's just stupid. I wasn't ignoring whatsoever, you're just over-observant," he remarked and Sana hummed, leaning back into the comfortable seat, musing, unbothered.

The silence stretched on for a long time– as long as Sana can remember, comfortable and easy and just assuring. Jimin was gazing outside the large window on their side, while Sana closed her eyes for a blissful, short nap.

The food arrived after a few moments, and Sana woke up by the mouthwatering aroma of the meal, sitting up straight as Jimin chuckled at her eagerness. The waiter– not the one who took their orders– politely bowed and walked back after placing each bowl and dish on the table.

They dug into the food, with Jimin groaning at the ecstatic taste and Sana nodding approvingly.

"These are the most popular dishes around here. I was sure you'd love these," he spoke in between, swallowing his bite.

"These sure are great. You seem to know this place well, huh? Do you come here a lot?" Sana asked and Jimin smiled, nodding. "Yes, once in every two months," he explained. Sana nodded too, going back on focusing on the food.

With their stomachs full and satisfied, they decided to leave and continue the drive again, asking for the bill.

Sana couldn't help but giggle at the miserable face the young waiter had, cheeks flushed and hands frantic. He slid the bill towards Jimin without even sparing Sana a glance, and Sana couldn't ruin the moment by butting in and politely telling Jimin that she'd pay.

Jimin paid, smiling up at the waiter when done, placing a tip by the side too. The waiter hastily thanked and left, awkward and embarrassed.

While it confirmed Sana's suspicion, her sly smile only heightened Jimin's confusion. She kept the same expression until Jimin noticed what was lying on the table beside his glass and he grew wide eyed, picking the paper in hands as Sana broke into a full blown laughter.

Hey handsome, call me. Xx
*insert number*

"You really didn't notice, did you?"

Jimin groaned. Picking up his wallet and keys from the table, he stood up and left towards the entrance, with a subtly laughing Sana following him, the small piece of paper in her hands.

-

Sana didn't imagine coming to Jimin's home in Busan. She didn't imagine having to stay in a place where Jimin grew, and she certainly didn't imagine Jimin bringing her there out of all places.

With the sun already setting below the horizon, the sky was painted with gorgeous hues of pink and golden, a touch of dark blue at the far ends, and orange as bright as flames. It was beautiful, so beautiful that for a moment, Sana completely set her lethargy and tiredness aside, closing her eyes as she basked in the moment, the soft breeze caressing her face.