Chapter 8

Hey guys thanks for all the support. when wattpad had first accidentally deleted from my phone I had about 500 to 600 read and my phone would not let me download the app again. When I finally got my computer working, because for some reason I could not connect to any internet source, I had immediately logged in to find I have currently 3.8k reads. no joke I cried so this chapter goes out to all my amazing readers love you guys.

http://www.prettydesigns.com/9-cute-outfits-wear-baseball-game-date/

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

          I woke up to the stench of the basement, this place really needs a makeover. I put my clothes on, spray perfume all over me and my bag, and put my off-brand converses on. I grabbed my make-up bag to try and cover the bruises along my jawline but no matter how hard I tried they were still slightly visible; I took one last long look in the mirror and knew that this was as good as it's going to get and started heading off to school. I knew it would take longer than usual because of the ache still hammering my ribs from the, umm well you know my fathers showing of affection. I don't know why I keep kidding myself, he doesn't love and he never will and yet there is still a small part of me that whispers "he does love you, he's just mourning and it will all be over soon." I wish that voice would shut up. I've heard it in the back of my mind for so many tormenting years and I'm sick of believing it.

          First and second block flew by and thanks to my new schedule I have first lunch. I head to my same old, boring, and lonely table; but apparently, it's not going to be as lonely today, or boring for that matter. As I enter the lunch room I see Decibel, Victor, and Kota already sitting there. I look at them with suspicion, I sat down and grabbed my notebook "What are you guys doing over here?"I showed them. "We wanted to make sure you were okay after the incident in gym class," Kota said. I wasn't really surprised that the others knew what had happened. I guess Decibel told them since he is the only one out of his posse, or is it Archer's posse? I couldn't tell both of them seemed to take control of every situation and I don't know this because I sit and stare at them a lot... I heard Decibel say my name and remembered that they or well Kota had asked me a question, Decibel continued "We were... well I was worried after you ran out of class and I wanted to make sure you were okay, So Ummm are you okay?" He looks a little sheepish while he waited for my answer, I pulled my notebook back towards me "I'm fine thanks" I slid it back over to them expecting them to read it and then get up and leave but they didn't leave. There was an awkward, pregnant pause before Decibel broke the tension "Where did you get all those bruises, they can't all be from Victoria?" I knew that someone was going to ask me this question so I had prepared an excuse " At my house, we have a pretty steep staircase and I stepped on something and fell down the steps I wasn't hurt other than a bunch of nasty looking bruises." I laid my chin against my hand for a few minutes while they took in my excuse I really hope that was believable enough the silence was getting awkward so I got up to get my lunch. I got macaroni and cheese and a breadstick. During lunch the boys stayed and even though they weren't talking to me it felt good to have someone around; I grabbed my napkin to wipe my mouth and then got up to dump my tray when someone grabbed me and pulled me back into the seat. Decibel grabbed my face turning me gently to the side when he started to run his fingers along the left side of my jaw and then I remembered the bruises I must have wiped the makeup off with my napkin Oh my gosh Octavia you know better than to get distracted when you get distracted you slip up and make stupid, careless mistakes like this. "Are those from the fall too?" he asked quietly I nodded my head and tried to pull my face away but he wouldn't let go "really because that does not look like a fall down the steps that kinda looks like the outline of a fist and that fist is way to big to be Victorias." I jerked quickly and he finally realizes my chin, I pointed to my notebook and to the page where I had written about the fall. I grabbed my tray again, dumped it and walked out of the lunchroom.

          It was hard to focus during my math class I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened at lunch and now I was starting to wonder how many times Dec or one of the other guys had gotten punched, they must get punched very often if they can recognize what a fist print looks like. Wait a second Dec when did I start giving him a nickname, get it together Octavia you cannot get attached to these guys they don't really care about you they might act like they do now but sooner or later they'll forget about you just like everyone else.

          By fourth block I was ready to go home I was so tired and my eyelids felt so heavy and I was nodding off when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Archer " Hey, so what do you want to do for the project?" I just stared at him and then he... he actually laughs, his laugh is the most amazing sound I have ever heard and I swear his smile lit up the entire room. "So how long were you asleep because the teacher assigned all of us a project topic and he chose our partners, our topic is fiction/fantasy we can write a 10-page story about anything it just has to fit those two categories. If you want we can work on it tonight should we do it at your house or mine?" I wrote down yours in big capital letters but when I realized how melodramatic that one word looked I started to blush. "We can work on it right after school and I can give you a ride or we can work on it later I just want to get most of it done." and there it was he was back to being his annoying, rude, arrogant self, you can just tell by the tone of his voice that he just realized that he was going to have to spend time outside of school with a loser. I shrank into myself because I knew it was true I was and always will be the school freak a loser, I had let my guard down for one second without ever realizing I had done so and the one time I do I am forced to relearn why I put those walls up in the first place. He grimaced and took a deep breath "Sorry that came out really harsh and by the way, I'm also sorry for calling you a bitch the first day we met I didn't ever give you a chance to explain yourself..." He was cut off by the bell signaling the end of class, I jumped out of my seat shoved my booking in my bag and followed Archer to his Sports car. During the silent car ride, it finally sunk in... I was on my way to Archer's house.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys I know haven't updated in literally forever but I plan to start updating regularly again I'm so sorry for my absence and I just want to thank everyone for all the amazing comments and I still can't believe that my story has 3.8k reads. 

Thanks, Love Y'all                                                                                                                                                            Naya

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks