10

10

October, 2017.

It has been a year since they eight of them broke up. No one had spoken up about the situation and tried to make it better for the whole year. No nothing. Seokjin was the only one that stayed back in their old house at Goyang-si. Namjoon rented a small apartment all the way back in Ilsan, far away from Goyang-si. Yoongi had been residing in Big Hit Entertainment ever since, Hoseok staying at the restaurant he worked for with Jimin last time. For Jimin, he stayed in Busan, originally planned to stay back at his parents' house, only to find out from his neighbours that they had moved overseas. Jimin was now staying with the owner of the BBQ restaurant that the eight of them last ate together. Taehyung went back to his old house, staying there alone and crying every night. He didn't like being alone but he didn't want to approach anyone. He didn't know how to do that, approaching them, and so he stayed quietly alone. Jungkook was hiding, back in his old house, things left as they were, a year ago. Lastly, Sejin was just back working at the bath house.

Kim Seokjin.

D-10, 3rd October 2017.

Everything was the same for the past year. None of them ever spoke of that day ever since. Seokjin had spent time in the house alone, he opened his gate wide open and sat by the edge of the container, staring into blank space. This repeated for a few days, sometimes, he even slept by the door, wide open and with the cold wind breezing in and out of the house, touching his skin as he shivers but that still didn't stop him from sleeping there.

'This coldness is better than being alone' he thought.

Nothing changed in the house. Seokjin didn't want to disturb any of the things in the house. All their precious memories that they have made there, all the drawings on the wall, all of them were precious to Seokjin. The only difference was now, on the fairy lights, he had hanged new polaroids, those they took from the trip. He realized that he had lost the ones where each of the boys took individually, but he didn't know if he actually misplaced it or someone took it. He didn't know what to feel. They were the first real friends he ever had ever since he was a trainee for 3 years back in Big Hit Entertainment. He had now replaced both Taehyung and Jungkook, working with another stranger at 7-11. The place reminded him much of the both maknaes that he was once used to be so closed with but now, he was all alone.

10pm.

Seokjin was on his way back from work, body all sore from stocking up the items in the shop and handling customers all alone. Just like Jungkook's first day, it was hard for Seokjin to adapt with, getting some things wrong but soon he got used to it. He was just thankful that the person taking over him for the night shift came on time today so he could leave early. He reached the door of their home when he saw a parcel box placed on the middle of the stairs. He went over to pick it up and read the address written on it. As far as he knew, this place was not an official residential area and that there is no way a parcel could ever be delivered wrongly, till it reached here. On the parcel, the address that was written on it was exactly where they were staying at. A parcel sent here? That's not all. The sender was unknown but it clearly wrote 'To: Kim Seokjin'.

'A parcel for me?' he thought to himself.

Without thinking much, he brought the parcel with him inside and placed it on the dining table. Seokjin got out of his clothes and changed into his sleepwear, a shirt and shorts, before he sat by the dining table and open the parcel. It was rather big and was quite heavy. He went to the kitchen to get a knife, that has become slightly blunt, opened the parcel and there it revealed a full set of kitchen appliances. A set of knives, peelers, can opener, spoons and chopsticks, scissors and plates. Not just that, it looked pretty pricey to him. As Seokjin slowly took all of them out of the box when something suddenly dropped out. He placed the box aside and picked it up only to realise it was a polaroid of himself. The individual polaroid that the eight of them took when they were by the beach last year. The polaroid that he was missing. Who could've possibly gave it to him? It had to be one of them. He looked at the polaroid and smiled, remembering that day. Right before everything happened. He turned the polaroid around to see a word written on it.

"전 (Jeon)?" Seokjin read out what was written at the back of the polaroid out loud. Jeon... It just reminded him of Jungkook. It's been awhile since he last saw their maknae. He left all of a sudden that night and they have yet to hear from him. His thoughts then quickly change as he thought it was impossible for Jungkook to have sent this over to him. There was no way Jungkook could ever came by here to check who stayed here without Seokjin realising. How could Jungkook know it was Seokjin that was the only one staying here? Maybe it was someone else. Namjoon? Yoongi? Hoseok? Jimin? Taehyung? He didn't know. However, as if the person knew that the kitchen knife was already blunt, he had gotten Seokjin a whole new set of knives. He quickly unboxed them and replace all of the previous ones with the new ones. After placing the previous ones in the parcel box, along with other trash that he had collected in the house, he placed the box outside of the container, placing them beside the staircase, on the rocky floor.

He went back to the house, leaving the door open, and picked up the polaroid that he got. He turned it around once again to see the word written at the back. It was written in white permanent marker and the handwriting was big and neat. He tried to figure out the handwriting but it was just a letter and he couldn't make anything out with it. He went to where the boys kept their paper clips at before he took one out and walked over to an area of the fairy lights where he stopped putting the last polaroid at. He placed his polaroid on the fairy light before he clipped it. He smiled looking at it before a breeze of the wind entered as he breathed in onto the scent of the trumpet lilies that the seven of them used to grow in the house. Seokjin has been taking good care of it, keeping it alive. He looked at them before he drew closer and breathed in the scent of the lilies once again. He counted the petals on each of them when there was one of them that had exactly eight on it. He smiled as he plucked it out and sat on the edge of the container by the door. He plucked them out one by one as he called out their names.

"Yoongi". He plucked one petal off.

"Hoseokie". And another.

"Namjoonie". And another.

"Jiminie". And another.

"Taehyungie". And another.

"Jungkookie". And another.

And finally, the last one. "Sejin hyung".

He held all the petals in his grip and stared at it, "all of us are torn apart right now like this. When will we meet again and get back together?"

He turned his head to look at the other lilies that was still blooming beautifully as the moonlight complimented its beauty. A tear fell from his cheek before he wiped it and took in a deep breath as he turned back to face outside when he spotted the box that he had placed outside earlier. It gave him a sudden idea as he went down the stairs and picked up the box, walking far from their house and placed it in the middle of the train track. He then carefully placed the petals he had in his hand inside the box. He walked back to the house as he grabbed the fire starter along with a can of beer he had in the refrigerator. He also took the plastic bag where he had bought a variety of triangle kimbab for his dinner. He walked back outside, grabbing a small camping seat that he bought during for the road trip as he closed the door of the house and walked over the where the box was at. He started to start the fire with the fire starter, aiming at the petals of the lily and it wasn't long when the petals caught onto the fire as it grew bigger. Seokjin sat by the side as he watches the fire grew bigger and bigger. He popped open his can of beer and unwrapped the cover of the triangle kimbap, afterwards, taking a sip of his drink and took a bite of the food. He stayed there, watching the fire burning all the boxes inside. The petals had long disappeared into ashes.

It wasn't long after he had finish his late dinner when thunders were heard and lightnings were appearing. It was going to rain. Seokjin took one last glance at the fire, putting his hands together into a big fist as he closed his eyes.

"Please let the eight of us meet again, I really miss them so much," he made a wish before he felt a drop of water fell onto his face. And there came another one. And another one. It was beginning to drizzle as Seokjin picked up the camping chair and throwing all the rubbish he had with him, smart enough to not put the can of beer inside unless he wanted to kill himself. Just like that, he went back inside the house, letting the rain to exhaust the fire out. He went to his bed and checked the time.

12am.

It is time to sleep before work begins again the next day. Another day of loneliness. He lied down on the mattress as he wrapped himself up into a ball.

Will they ever meet again?