CHAPTER FIVE - Octavian's secret.

We don't know Octavian's last name in Heroes of Olympus, so in my story his last name will simply be Augur. And he's not really like the Octavian in the books: he has a cruel/dark side and a side when he's kind and gentle. In my fanfic, he's just a misunderstood kid.

-- POV Octavian Augur --

C H A P T E R 5

Everyone thinks I am a horrible person. Mean, cruel, unkind, and ugly: that's how people see me. At first, I liked it because everybody left me alone. But now, I'm really tired of this. What if I wanted to make friends? Nobody wants to talk to me. And that's for a reason.

When I was a kid, my dad beat me. My mom died when I was seven years old. My dad never really loved me and he just ignored me. In school, I had no friends, so I tried to act like I didn't care about anything and like I was strong. But I wasn't.

I was slowly dying inside. Dying because no one loved me. Dying because people hated me. Dying because if I just disappeared, nobody would've care.

One day, I even tried to kill myself. I cut almost every night; right after my dad beat me.

Everything started changing when I met my best friend. We were doing a project in math and it's the teacher that chose the team. I got paired with her. I had a huge crush on her since I first saw her, so I was very embarrassed. Fortunately, she was really nice and not mean at all. She didn't seem disgusted by the fact of being with me. I remember that I wore a shirt without sleeves and when I moved my arm to take a pen, she saw my scars. They were obviously self-harm scars. She took my arms, looked at me in the eyes and said: "I'm never going to let you do that to yourself again. Never." That's when we became best friends.

She was the only one who truly cared about me. I talked to her for hours, revealing my fears, how I really felt and even how my dad often beat me. She listened to me and she was concerned about me. I slowly fell in love with her. She has stunning green eyes that always got teary-eyed when she looked at my self-harm scars. I even cried in front of her; and I never cried in front of anybody in my entire life.

Now, we're kind of dating. I text her everyday because she goes to another school. I'm still in love with her. I don't know if she has a crush on me, but sometimes she seems to be flirting with me, so that's a good start. I'm going to see her this week-end. I can't wait.

It was just a really short chapter to introduce you to the Octavian in my fanfic. You will know the name of his secret girlfriend soon ;)