CHAPTER THREE - First day.

-- Nico di Angelo POV --

C H A P T E R 3

I wake up early and I'm feeling very well. I'm not tired, which is unusual. I think the dark circles under my eyes are almost gone.

I choose clothes: jeans and an orange shirt. I normally wear black clothes, but it's time to become a better person.

I go in the bathroom and brush my hair. They are never like I want them, but at least they're not all greasy and disgusting.

After I put on my clothes, someone knock to the bathroom door.

"You can come in," I say.

It's Jason. He wears jeans and a purple T-shirt. His hair is brushed perfectly and he's smiling. He puts on his black glasses.

"First day of school! I'm ready. First I have Math, then English, and then..."

I stopped listening when he started to talk about math. I hate it. English is okay, but math? No. I'm not good at it and I like nothing about it. Numbers are boring.

"Nico? Nico! Can you please at least pay attention?" Jason sighs.

"Oh, sure. Sorry."

"So, like I was saying," he continues, "you can sit with my girlfriend, Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Percy and I at the cafeteria. Leo can come too."

I accept the offer and thank him. I'm not going to be alone! That's great. He will get to know other nice people.

--

Twenty minutes later, everybody is ready for their first day of school. For Leo and me, it's also our first in Half-Blood High School. It seems to be a very good school.

The brown-haired boy and I are staring at each other. It's a little awkward, because I think at what happened last night. Is he gay? And, more important than that, why didn't I stop him? I've never been attracted to a guy before. It's weird. My life is finally going well again, I don't want to realize than I'm gay. That'll just ruin the whole thing. People will reject me, like they did at my other school for no valuable reason.

"So...what's you first class?" Leo asks gently.

"History. I hope the teacher will be nice. Are we in the same group?" I answer.

Leo laughs a little and replies:

"No. I'm one year older than you, remember? My first class is English."

Oh, I totally forgot. Leo is so tiny. I'm small too, but he really looks like an Hispanic elf. It's cute.

"I forgot," I say with a sad smile. I like this guy. It'd be fun to have him in my group. Unfortunately, I'm only going to see him at lunch, with Jason and all the others.

--

I'm finally in the classroom. The teacher is an old woman who looks really tired. This class will be boring...

"Hey, class! Sit down. Now," the old woman orders.

"But," a dark-skinned girls arguments, "the bell didn't ring yet."

The teacher gets up and walks towards the girl. For an old woman, she is scary.

"I don't care, young girl. Just sit or you'll have to quit this classroom. Understood?"

"Hum, yes, Mrs. Doyle," the girl whispers.

I stare at the women - Mrs. Doyle. I already hate her. The dark-skinned girl seems to be a good student and a kind of shy person.

She has golden, curly hair and pure gold eyes.

"What's this teacher's problem?" I ask her. "Oh, and by the way, my name is Nico."

"I don't know. I think it's her natural personality," she laughs. "I'm Hazel Levesque. Nice to meet you."

Hazel? I think she is one of Jason's friends. She looks nice and kind. I hope she'll eat lunch with us.

"SILENCE!" Mrs. Doyle screams. Everybody stop talking and look at her with their eyes wide open.

Oh, gods. It's going to be a long year.

--

One terribly long hour later, I get out of the classroom and walks to my other class: Physical Education.

I'm not good at sports. At all. When I was a kid, my sister and I played baseball. When the ball knocked me down in the first round, I stopped and never played again.

Bianca always says that I'd be good at gymnastic because I'm small and really flexible. I almost tried one time, but I chose not to because it wasn't "manly" enough for me. Yeah, manly. I didn't know what to say.

I finally enter the room where were supposed to play sports. I think we're doing...gymnastic. Oh, no!

I look around to see if Hazel is here and I bump into Leo. What is he doing here?

"Hey, Nico! The gym is closed so we'll have to do the Physical Education class together!" Leo shouts.

I smile. At least, I'm not going to be alone.

"That's great! How was your day so far?" I ask.

"Horrible. People in my group all think they're better than the others. What about you?" The Hispanic answers.

"It was okay, but I hate the history teacher. It's an old and grumpy woman," I laugh. "Jason's friend, Hazel, is in my group. She seems nice."

Leo grins and the teacher, a dark-haired man with hazel eyes, tell us to sit down. I sit with Leo at my side. He starts to hum the tune of a song. I think it's Demons by Imagine Dragons.

"Imagine Dragons, uh? I love that band," I whispered so the teacher wouldn't hear me.

"Oh, really? Me too!" Leo says, a little too loud.

"Is there something you want us to know, Mr. Valdez?" The teacher asks with an arrogant smirk.

Another teacher that I don't like...argh. His name is Mr. Grayson, I think.

"Hum, no, sir," Leo answers with no discomfort.

"Great. Now, let's see how flexible you guys are. Try to make acrobatic figures," Mr. Grayson challenges us.

I sigh. I'll just make a fool of myself.

"Oh, come on Nico! Show me your skills in gymnastic," my friend asks me with a light laugh.

With this adorable smile, I just can't resist. I accept and try to simply make a kind of wheel on the tumbling. I have it perfectly. I blush and put a hand on my face when I realize that Mr. Grayson saw me.

"Woah, Mr. di Angelo! I didn't know you were that good in gymnastic. Can you please do that again in front of the class?"

Oh. My. Gods. There is no way I'm doing that! I look at Leo and he encourages me. I go and re-do the thing that I did on the tumbling.

This first day of school is definitely not like I imagined it.

---------

Hey guys! This chapter is not really good, but a better is coming soon (with the other characters of Heroes of Olympus). I'm glad that people like this story!

Oh, and I'm really sorry if there are some mistakes or sentences that don't make sense or even words that don't exist! English isn't my first language and it's my first story in English :) xxx