17. Who are you?

"I'm sorry for hearing that but you can sleep at my house if you want." Chloe smile looking at Veronica.
"Seriously? Your house?" Veronica ask and wipe her tears.
"Yeah, my house is not as big as your house but it's the nicest house in my neighborhood." She said and laugh. Chloe is a daughter of a CEO of the book publishing company, she's also rich but not as rich as Veronica.
"No! Your house is okay" she said and smile.
"So when will you start get out from your house?" Chloe ask excitedly.
"Can it be today?" Veronica ask and put on her sunglasses.
"Yes sure oh my god yes urghhh I can't believe this." She was so happy and Veronica just shakes her head looking at her and smile.

...
No word can describe how Carol feels after she saw Jack's car crashed in front of her eyes. Jack was reversing his car to make a u-turn after sending Carol's home and there's a car which driving so fast and hit Jack's car. The car just drive away after hit Jack, Carol was so mad but she can't do anything. She quickly run to Jack, Jack was unconscious and there's blood running from his head. She got panic and pensive for a moment. She doesn't know what to do and just look at Jack's face. She cries and hold Jack's handsome face. Her hand was full of Jack's blood but she don't care. She cry and cry and start to cry louder until there's a old man who noticed her. The old man dialed the ambulance and take Jack's out from the car and put him on a chaise lounge at the living room. Carol just follow the man who is her neighbor and the man's wife serves her a cup of tea while waiting for the ambulance to come.

"How's your school?" The old man ask. He look at Jack and look at her back.
"Okay." She replies and stand.
"Where do you wanna go?" The wife ask.
"Just wanna check on the ambulance." She said because she heard a sirens.
"There it is." She point at the ambulance. She then look at Jack.
"Hang in there Jack. You'll be safe and sound. Remember? I'll always got your back." She whispers at Jack and just watch some men put Jack on a bed and get into the ambulance with the old man.
"Mr.Robert!" She shout. The old man look at her and waves at her.
"Don't worry your boyfriend will be safe." He yell and close the ambulance' door. Carol tears pouring down fast from her eyes down to her cheeks.
"It's okay my dear just go home and pray for him." Mrs. Robert pat Carol's back.
"Go back home." She said and Carol walk slowly to her house.

...
"Even though he don't like me but deep in his eyes I know that he was comfortable with me. I don't expect him to like me but he's the only one who can cheer me up all day. Just his face can make my heart races." Carol raise her voice and cry.
"It's okay. Maybe you can find someone's better." Karen comfort her.
"No! He's not dead yet. I can still wait for him. I still have a chance. How long does he need? 3 years? 4 years? Even 10 years I still and will wait for him." Carol said and end the call. She was so mad because Karen don't believe her that Jack will like her back with all of her hard works. She then put on her hoodie and call Ashley.
"You know that Jack's gotten into accident just now right?" She said because she want to meet Jack but then she thought that Jack will be even happier if Ashley's there so the reason she called her is to ask her to go with her to the hospital.
"Gosh seriously? Which hospital?" Ashley sound shocked and interested to hear more.
"The hospital that near the mall. You know the mall that you went with Veronica right? Yes that mall."
She said and giving Ashley the details.
"You come?" Ashley ask.
"Please pick me up." Carol said and end the call. She then dressed up with basic style and ask her mom to go to the hospital to see Jack. At first her mom doesn't let her go but then she start to cry so her mom just let her even she's not willing to give her daughter go out with friends.

...
"Hey Carol get into the car." Scott said.
"You legs are okay now?" Carol ask weird because she saw Scott at the driver's seat.
"Yeah a little bit. The hospital is not too far. Besides, I can exercise my leg too." He wiggle his leg and Carol get into the car.

...
"Sorry but Jack was still unconscious but just now, around half hour ago he keeps on calling someone." A nurse told them.
"Like what?" Scott ask to make sure it's not Ashley. He'll get jealous if it Ashley that Jack was calling for because he knew that Jack really likes Ashley.
"Wait he called someone like mom, dad and his sibling's name." The nurse said and look at Jack's room. The nurse then whispers to them.
"But there's one name that he keeps on repeat and he said like 'you said that you got my back' like that. I'm afraid that his girlfriend was betraying him or something because it's sounds like it's a promise that she'll got his back but she doesn't come. Also he was crying when he shouted her name. I was pity of him." The nurse said and left.
They don't be able to ask what's her name but Carol start to cry. She really think it was her because she keeps on reminding him that she'll got his back. They went into the room and saw Jack was laying on the bed unconscious. Carol stares at his face and start to observe every single skin on Jack's face and unfortunately her tears drop.
"Why are you crying?" Scott ask Carol after she saw Carol wipes her tears. Ashley then look at Carol.
She shakes her head and look at Ashley.
"Do you guys think he'll wake up?"
Carol ask them and they both nods. After Carol said that miraculously Jack open his eyes. He observe each one of them and his eyes stop at Carol's.
"I know you but I don't remember what's your name. Can you please tell me who they are?" Jack pointed at Scott and Ashley. Their eyes wide still can't believe that Jack have forgotten them.
"This is Scott and this is Ashley." She said stammered.
Jack nods and look back at Carol.
"Can I ask you guys a favor?" Jack ask them and they all nod.
"Please search Carol for me." He said and his tear drops.
"I'm here." Carol said and hug him.
"You're Carol?" He ask.
She cried and hug him tight. Jack then hugs her back and smile happily.
Ashley and Scott was puzzled and looking at each other.
"Since when are they both got so close?" Scott ask Ashley.
"I don't know." Ashley said slowly and raise her shoulder. Their faces are weird and just look at how close Jack and Carol are.
"Hey how's Jack?" Hayden shout and take a deep breathe. His hand was holding Karen's hand and Karen just smile.
"Who are they?" Jack points at Hayden and Karen.
"You don't know me? Haha you must be joking. So funny Jack." Hayden laugh. He let go of Karen's hand after Scott was smirking at him.
"We're just friends right?" Hayden ask Karen and smile awkwardly.
"Yes of course we are." Karen laughs with a worried face.
"Hmmm.. something's fishy.." Carol cut their awkward scene and look at Karen's face.
"What? Don't look at me like that." She said and covers her face.
"Wait who the heck are you guys? I only know Carol here." Jack shout looking at each one of them except Carol. Then the doctor gets into the room.
"So guys bad news. Jack have lost his memory. He will not recognize each one of you except the important ones. But don't worry he'll recover very soon and I also has call his family they'll be here anytime." The doctor said and left.

"Aaaaa that's the reason why he didn't remember us. But why does he remember Carol? How important Carol is in Jack's life? " Hayden smirk at Carol and everyone's agreed and look at Carol.
"What?" Carol ignore them and look at the wall.
"Why are you looking at the plain wall?" Hayden said and laugh. They all grin except Jack. Carol can't hide her smile anymore and starts to laugh.