6. Detention

'Dear My Secret Admire,
You don't need to lie. You're not Ashley's best friend right?'

'Dear crush,
You've drive me crazy yesterday. You're actually was not meant to be my crush because I really hate you but I think it was opposite now. You look cute today.'

Scott in his room was writing two letters for Ashley. One, he'll put in Ashley's locker and one more he'll put in his locker so that Ashley will take it when she put her letter in his locker.
He fold it and put in his backpack. He open his curtains to see what's Ashley doing. Ashley was peeking him with binoculars. He found it's kinda cute but he needs to keep his pride up high so he raise his middle finger to her. She saw and close her curtains.

"So he still hates me." She's making an annoyed face. She sigh and sit at her desk.
'Dear crush,
You're not cute but I don't know why I liked you. You've making Ashley sad all the time. Can you please just be good to her just for once. You only used her when you wanna run from Veronica.'

She rolls the letter and put it in her backpack. She then start doing her homework and sleep.

...
Ashley take the letter from her locker. "What's this ?" She opens and smile. "Aww so cute, it'll be cuter if it's from Scott." She laugh by herself. Then she go to Scott's locker to send her letter. She saw the letter that Scott put at the edge of the locker. "To my secret admire?" She takes it and read. "Omg ! Does he already found out? Oh no no no." Ashley go into the class and saw Carol.

"Carol !" Ashley shout and hug her. "Hey I miss you." She said to Ashley. "Can I sit beside you?" Ashley ask Carol because her place has stolen by Veronica.
"Sure but why?" She ask.
"Veronica was here." Ashley said and rolled her eyes. "She is?" Carol ask with wide eyes and Ashley nods.
"I don't think you had a chance though." Carol said to Ashley. "A chance for what?" Ashley's puzzled. "To get Scott. Scott was hers." Carol said and take out her Geography book. "They've broken up." Ashley said and smile a little. "How do you know?" Carol said and hold Ashley's hands. "Scott used me to run from Veronica yesterday." Ashley said and turn her head to Scott. Scott was looking at her. She was shy and turn to Carol right away. Scott smile and shakes his head. "So maybe you had 1% chance to get Scott." Carol said excitedly. "Only one?" She ask and sigh. "Just try." Carol said. And Veronica and Chloe walks into the class. Veronica was looking at Ashley and rolled her eyes. They sit behind Ashley and Carol. "I hope Karen's here." Ashley said and put her face on the table.
"Me too." Carol agreed.

"Hey you wanna go back home together? I'll treat you anything on the way back home." Scott stops at Ashley's table. Carol looks excited and was kicking Ashley's leg. Ashley was happy. "Yea but why?" Ashley ask in a hope that Scott was asking her for a date. "To thanks you about yesterday." He said smiling. "Oh k" she reply and stand up. "Bye" she waves her hand at Carol. Carol waves back and smile.

"Both of you!" Veronica shout at Scott and Ashley. They turn around and look at Veronica. "Ashley c'mere." Veronica call Ashley to come near her. Ashley was scared but brave herself to go near Veronica. Veronica slap Ashley's cheek hard. "What the heck Ver !" Scott push her softly but she fall down like he push her hard. He don't mind. He quickly grab Ashley's hand to his car. "I'm sorry" Scott said putting his head at the steering wheel. "It's okay it doesn't hurt." Ashley said to calm Scott. She's lying and Scott know she's lying because minutes after that her nose bleeds. "Let's go to the clinic." Scott said. "It's okay, just send me back home." She said stuffing some tissues into her nose. Scott ignores her and park aside. He turn his body to Ashley
and help her. Ashley was stunted for awhile and just let Scott help her.
...

'Dear Crush thanks for today. You've treated Ashley so well today. I love you. And remember Ashley was me and I was Ashley. Complete the riddle and you'll find me.' Ashley write a letter for Scott. She's smiling. She write the riddle on purpose because she want Scott to notice her fast.
Scott was watching her from his house. He know that Ashley was writing his letter. He also doing the same thing.

'Dear Secret admire,
I'm not cute? Are you sure? I thought you liked me.'

'Dear crush,
I'm starting to know you better. And yesterday you was so cute. I nearly fall for it twice. I hope I don't like you. It makes my stomach feels weird everytime you're near me.'

He smile and put it in his backpack.

...
They arrived at school and like always take their letters and sit in the class. But then, suddenly Mr. Beaumont call both of them. They don't have any idea of what's going on. "You guys! Both of you! Detention!" Mr. Beaumont was very angry. His face was red and his veins at the neck looks like they wanna pop out very soon. He points at the detention room. "But why?" Scott ask. "Why? Don't be fool. You guys pushed Veronica until she's sprained her leg and you still ask why?" Mr. Beaumont raise his voice. "I saw Scott pushed her slowly. She was the one who being so dramatic." Ashley said. "Shut up new girl." He said with a mad voice. Both of them go to the detention room. It was dark and very dirty. The walls full of drawings. It's like a mental hospital. "Sit down. I'll call your parents." Mr. Nelson the discipline teacher said to them. "Wait, please don't includes the parents. C'mon just put some loads to us. Just give us some work or fine us." Scott said. I just nod.
"Are you two couples ?" Mr. Nelson ask. Scott quickly replies "Nope, absolutely not." he don't look at Ashley. Ashley was quite sad and just be silence all the time in the room.