We'll play hide and seek.

Chapter 37: We'll play hide and seek

Naruto sang along to Taylor Momsen's Where Did Jesus Go? Sasuke acknowledged that the girl was beautiful, but he didn't like most of her songs because of the lyrics; most of them where she openly says that Jesus, God and [the heavens] didn't exist, or that if they once did, they had already abandoned us. Either way, he kept his mouth closed because he liked it when Naruto put some music on or when he chose a movie to watch; it was as if he were offering a piece of his life.

They were getting their luggage ready to spend the weekend with Sasuke's mother. Both had been surprised that Naruto had accepted to go. Either way, it would be a small trip and nothing serious. The room was incredibly empty on Naruto's side and Sasuke didn't know why if it was just going to be two days.

"Finished," He said, throwing himself on the bed and placing his chin on the other's shoulder.

"It seems like you're moving," He shrugged, trying to take the importance out of his words but still wanting to understand why.

"I don't like leaving clothes like that; they'll smell bad," Naruto explained, and Sasuke thought it was nonsense. "Hey, let's do something fun."

"Like what?"

"We'll play hide and seek!"

"Alright," He smiled and took the blond's face to kiss him for a long while. "You count." He got up off the bed, adjusted his pants, and walked out into the hallways. "Only on this floor."

"I'll count to [sixty]," He gave him a sincere smile, one that was returned and before his boyfriend could leave, he added: "I love you!"

"No more than I do," And he closed the door behind him; as he walked, he counted along in his mind. At the moment of arriving at his hiding place—the showers—the count was on 41.

42.

43.

44.

45.

46.

47.

48.

49.

50.

51.

52.

53.

54.

55.

56.

57.

58.

59.

60.

One minute.

Five minutes.

Ten minutes.

Fifteen minutes.

He walked out confused. His hiding spot wasn't that good; he thought Naruto would find him immediately.

He opened the door to the room.

Naruto's luggage wasn't there.

There was a note on the bed.

"I'm sorry."

Naruto didn't come back to look for him.