Fixing you (Marathon 2/3)

Chapter 29: Fixing you (⅔)

"Woah there! Where are you going?" A skinny, curious girl spoke with a peculiar accent. Her skin was between pale and tan, eyes white but with a few touches of grey—something that couldn't be explained—but they were beautiful. Her hair was long and blueish, somewhat messy, and her body seemed to be right out of a magazine; better than any model from Victoria's Secret.

"Hello?"

"I'm Hinata," She introduces herself instantly, giving him a smile.

"Naruto, a pleasure." The situation seemed a bit strange for him but thought it'd be improper on his part to simply leave. "What is this?"

"A restaurant," She replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. He noted that her accent was more noticeable whenever she said a word with an 'r'.

"Doesn't look like one," She laughed but shook her head as if she were offended. She grabbed him by the hand and pulled him inside. It was well lit and despite that it being nowhere past twelve, there were many people there. It smelled delicious; a mix of food, perfumes, and fresh-cut flowers. He had never seen anything like this before. And surely he had never seen that type of dance; it looked fun. Everyone was either laughing or smiling. There were couples of men and women or women with women. Everyone moved spectacularly: as if knowing that doing in doing so, they looked enticing—like a piece of well-done steak.

"Do you want to eat something?"

"I want to know what this is," Naruto weakly gestured to the couples that danced around the tables.

"Dance! The best of the best!" She delicately licked her lips. "Would you like to dance?"

"Oh, no, thanks. I don't know how..." He laughed in embarrassment because clearly these people knew what they were doing and despite it looking very easy, Naruto immediately knew it wasn't.

"I'll show you!" And without waiting for a response, she took him by the hand again and dragged him over to a place far from the entrance. She placed Naruto's hand on her waist and she placed hers on his shoulder, intertwining their fingers as they begun to move. She looked so good. A few claps began, and Naruto had to look around to understand that it was due to the beginning of a song. "I love this song," She commented and incremented her moves. He couldn't understand a word of what the singer was saying, but he liked it. "Y para qué llorar... Y para qué sufrir..." She hummed as she danced. A few people inside the place began singing along to the chorus. Naruto would've sung along but it wasn't even his language and he had always been terrible at Spanish.

"What's it about?" He built up the courage to ask as he copied the movements of Hinata's feet. She guided his hand and he thought it was best that she lead.

"It talks about a boy who realizes that life is not for suffering, that any problem has a solution and that for now, he'll laugh while he lets the pieces fall where they may." She explained between twirls. Her long hair occasionally clashed against Naruto's face and he laughed from the sensation it gave.

"Like, a problem about love?" He heard a laugh from Hinata.

"Yes, I suppose that counts," She stopped twirling and looked into Naruto's eyes. She continued to dance, but this time in place. "But, from my point of view, I think it's idiotic to suffer for love."

"Why?"

"If it's destined to be, it'll be. If you love each other, you'll be together. Just like the song says: ¿Pa' que llorar?" She spoke in another language, Naruto supposed it was Spanish. He let his body take control, ignoring the thoughts of his mind and soon, it seemed as if he had been waiting his entire life to dance to this. His movements were fluid and Hinata smiled. They laughed and soon, sweat began dripping down his forehead. He thought it was most likely that he stunk but didn't care. When the song ended, she laughed and tightly hugged him.

"I've had a lot of fun..."

"I need to eat!" He nodded and walked over to a table. He opened the menu and noticed that it was written in two languages: Spanish and Japanese.

"Where are you from?"

"Mexico!" She seemed to always be happy and willing to start the party at any given place. He smiled upon noticing that. She was like a small rainbow: too happy to be real.

"Well..." He began skimming over the menu, but found that he had never tasted any dish sold here with the exception of guacamole and tacos. "Which is best?"

"For breakfast, enchiladas."

"Then I guess I'll eat one of those," He said and Hinata ran towards what Naruto guessed was the kitchen. He meditated a bit over what Hinata had said about love and, yes, she was right. He loved Sasuke and he hoped that he loved him back. And if it were so, he needed to be something more than a friend. And he would make it known to him this same afternoon. After eating his enchiladas, of course.