Fixing you (Marathon 1/3)

Chapter 28: Fixing You (Marathon ⅓)

Naruto grunted upon waking up. The light shining in through the curtains on the window blinded his eyes. He rubbed them, trying to cover them from such fatigue. He looked to his right and shamefully smiled when he saw Suigetsu laying face down. The boy's pale back had a few scratches on them which Naruto had made sure to leave. On his neck, there was a huge hickey and his white hair was a mess... he looked so perfect. But he wasn't for him. He didn't regret spending the night with Suigetsu, but he knew it wasn't right. His heart, no matter how queer it sounded, was someone else's. He wouldn't leave; he hated those jerks that after a night of 'love' would escape the morning after without caring for the heart of their victims, escaping the responsibilities and leaving them behind with broken hearts. He would not be one of them.

"Suigetsu..." He spoke in a low tone. "Sui, wake up." He gently shook his shoulder. [Finally,] the other turned around and looked at him. "Morning."

"Hey," He greeted, and covered his body with the sheets despite the fact that Naruto had already examined him from head to toe and already knew of all the beauty marks on his body.

"I, I just want to..."

"Naruto, it's fine." Naruto looked at him somewhat surprised. He had expected Suigetsu to make some mini drama or something like that, not this mature reaction. "I know I'm not the one you love and that this was a mistake."

"It was no mistake. I wanted it and I don't regret doing this." He [stated].

"Well, either way, you only wanted the physical side, you don't want me. More than friends, I mean. And I get it. I know you don't want to hurt me, and you won't. I knew this since I first kissed you and I didn't care, I wanted it, too. [So] don't worry, you're not guilty of anything."

"Thanks. I think it's best that—"

"That you leave." Suigetsu grabbed Naruto's shirt from underneath a pillow. It stank of sweat and alcohol. "Grab some clothes from my closet. It's impossible for you to wear this."

"You're amazing, Suigetsu." Naruto said, grabbing his face between his hands, giving him a big kiss on the cheek before heading over to the boy's closet and choose random clothing. It barely fit him, but it was something clean. He ran towards the door and walked out of there. Out of the room, the block, the campus.

He wanted to and needed to clear his mind. His stomach growled. A rhythm different to what he was used to listening to began playing; it came from a small and colorful place. He shrugged and followed it. From the door he could see the many couples dancing. He frowned and was about to turn around and leave, but he was stopped.