Bright Planets

Chapter 36: Bright Planets

"So you two are going out," Suigetsu concluded, analyzing both his friends.

"Yes," Sasuke let out a small nervous chuckle, placing his hand over Naruto's and holding on to it.

"Alright..." Upon noticing the heavy atmosphere, Naruto stood up from the couch and gave Sasuke a quick look before leaving towards the line to order a coffee. He had finished his but despite not wanting another one, he didn't want to get in between them.

"I don't think I can forgive you."

"Look, Suigetsu, I'm trying really hard. You don't know how hard this is for me. For the first time in my life, I'm comfortable with someone; no one chooses who they fall in love with, their age, their sex, country, nothing. It simply happens. And if I'm in love with him, then I'm thinking of presenting him to my mother." He scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. He raised his gaze a little bit to check if Naruto hadn't heard that, but to his luck [the blond] was talking to the girl at the cashier.

"I don't believe you. I don't even believe you love him." He crossed his arms. Sasuke rolled his eyes and took his phone out. He began typing in a number he knew by memory. He placed the phone on the table, not before putting it on speaker. Immediately, a woman spoke.

"Everything alright, my love?" Her sweet voice sounded almost the same as it did in person.

"Yeah, listen, I have something to tell you," Suigetsu, bothered, rolled his eyes. Sasuke was really going to do it.

"Of course."

"Eh... this'll sound a bit weird, crazy even, but I'm with someone. More specifically, a guy." He cleared his throat a bit. He could've sworn that Suigetsu's jaw almost separated from his cranium. There was an uncomfortable and prolonged silence on the other line. Sasuke had even thought that the call had ended.

"That is a bit crazy, don't you think? Is this some type of joke?" Even though he couldn't see her, he knew that sure enough, she had tears in her eyes. But he didn't know if they were good tears or bad tears.

"It's true. His name is Naruto and well, we barely started yesterday but I really care about him and I think I want to be with him. For a long time." He tensed upon feeling Naruto's lips over his cheeks, and he laughed a bit upon realizing he must've heard what he said. "In fact, he's right here. Let me pass him to you."

"My love, no..." He ignored his mother's comment and held the phone out to Naruto, whom frantically refused with his head and hands while mouthing a 'Please, no' with his lips. Sasuke smiled and pushed the object closer.

"Hello?" He bit at the piercing on his lip, the nerves were eating at him. He heard a small chuckle on the other side of the line. He didn't know with whom he was talking to.

"Hi. What's your name?"

"Naruto..." He looked at Sasuke from the corner of his eye; he was numb in his seat, balled up as he tried not to laugh. "I'm sorry, but, who is this?"

"Sasuke's mom," His eyes widened as much as they could. He raised his hand and gave Sasuke the middle finger. "Mikoto."

"This is uncomfortable, I'm sorry. Hi." He repeated and heard another laugh.

"So you're my son's boyfriend..." She commented without worry, almost in a teasing manner. Naruto's mother could never be calm with a topic like this. Of course, his supposed step-mother.

"Yes, I mean, we haven't been together for long, but yes."

"Just don't hurt him, he's sensitive. Now leave aside that gentleman act."

"I would never [hurt him], Miss."

"Call me Mikoto."

"Alright. Sorry, Mikoto, but I think Sasuke wants to talk to you," He smiled before handing the phone back to Sasuke and [both] running out of the Starbucks to explode into laughter. They were sitting on the lawn, rocking from left to right, laughing as loud as their lungs could let them. When Naruto saw him like that, he smiled because he knew that with this boy, he could share anything: long walks, good music. Bitter coffees, ramen, horror and comedy movies, well-prepared pasta, and badly told jokes. A cold Jack Daniels, cold nights, and sheets that would protect them. Lunar [eclipses], late night stops, smiles, freedom, suspense, and granted wishes. Stars and infinities, empty mattresses, Bright Planets, broken windows, and hopes.