11

*fast forward*
Me and Daniel have been going strong. Prom season is coming up and obviously we can't go together so he said I can go if someone asks me.
I walk into the library and there stood my best friend Nate with a sign that said "don't leave me solo for prom?" And he had spelled prom with solo cups. I said yes of course.
Paige had gotten asked by Jacob. Nate and Jacob are best friends and Nate is also my ex boyfriend. We used to have this cringey double date group.
I had a hair appointment at 3:30, so I did my prom makeup and went to get my hair done. While I was there I ran into Paige.
"Woah hi. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I'm ya know. Water skiing." She replied sarcastically.
"I'm sorry I just didn't expect to run into you,"
We talked and got our hair done. I went with two Dutch braids back into a half up style. I looked down at my phone and it was time to get dressed.
I put on my mint green top with a black bottom. It was a romper with a tail in the back. I texted Nathan and realized it was time for pics. Paige, Jacob, Nate, and I were taking pics at my house. When they all arrived it was like a fairytale. We all looked so perfect. But something was missing from the picture. Daniel and Josh. I wished they could spend prom with us. I looked down at my phone again and realized Danny had texted me.
Packer- hey baby. I'm a chaperone tonight and if Nate gets too close I'm kicking him out. I love you doll. Have fun ;)
I smiled and locked my phone. We had dinner reservations at Olive Garden and after that we went back to the hotel where prom was held.
I walked in with Nate and Paige walks in with Jacob but we eventually parted. I looked around.
"Daniel said he was a chaperone tonight. I can't find him." I said.
"Yeah josh is too. OH there. There they are." She said pointing. I spotted him. They were drinking punch and smiling at how stupid the kids were.
He spotted me and winked.
The a slow song came on. I was looking around for my date.
"Where the fuck is Nate?" I asked Paige. She was still looking for Jacob.
I wanted to cry. We got ditched. ON PROM NIGHT! Of all nights.
Paige and I went over to the wall and started to cry. It was embarrassing seeing everyone all so happy and then there is us. Dateless. I then see Daniel making his way through the crowd.
"Hey. Care to dance?" He asks, reaching his hand out. I looked around and took it.
In the background I heard Say you won't let go by James Arthur. I looked into his eyes and saw everything I ever hoped for. Everything was perfect. Everything felt right. I leaned my head into his chest and we continued to dance. I felt like I was...home at last.