9

I felt like since the thing with Daniels sister happened, we have gotten a lot closer. I walk into his class before school and sit beside his desk. I sigh. He doesn't pay me any attention. I sigh again scooting closer to him. No attention. I jump up out of my seat and push him against the wall and kiss him really hard.
"Damn baby," he says.
"I knew that would get your attention! Guess what!" I say all giggly.
He smiles. "What?" He asks me.
"Soooo Paige and Coach Wells have rented a lake house in Georgia and we should go there on Halloween. I mean, it's only 3 days away. We leave tomorrow and come back on Sunday. What do you say?"
"Sure baby!" He says. I rubbed his hand.
He was grading papers, so I just sat back and explored my phone. I rest my foot on top of his leg and he holds my calf. It was as close to cuddling as we were going to get.
The bell rang and I got in my seat.
When everyone got in class he stood in front.
He looked super handsome.
Someone in the back raised her hand and he called on her.
"You look super happy today. What's going on?" She asked. "You have someone new?"
I blushed and smirked. So did he.
"Yeah, something like that."
I wrote down the notes he was writing on the board. Some stupid periodic table stuff. It was Friday and I was wearing a tshirt and leggings with my flyknits.
"Hope I need to see you," he said and I walked to his desk. He showed me an email from our principle. It said this :
"I need all of colorguard in my office."
I nodded and walked in.
"Hey guys, so I wanted to ask if you would be willing to do a fundraiser at piggly wiggly. All you have to do is greet people, help people shop, and shelf stuff. It would be tomorrow. Coach Packer can't be here but I'm sure you girls will."
I froze.
"I have something important tomorrow. I can't come, but you girls behave!" I said.
She looked at me sideways.
"What would that be exactly?" She asked me. But I knew what she was doing.
We had already planned for this.
"Oh I'm having a family reunion in Virginia. I have to leave late tonight."
She smiled like a weight lifted off her shoulder.
We all left and I walked back in the classroom but he wasn't in there.
"Where is Dan-Um..Packer?" I asked almost slipping up.
Nadia looked at me.
"He just walked out. We don't know where he went. He slammed his books down." She said.
"Ugh, someone should go check on him." I say and everyone points to me.
"Why me?!?" 
"Because y'all are obviously dating." Nadia says and I walk out. I'm scanning the halls looking for him, and I see him in the teachers lounge. I sneak in there.
"Hey! What are you doing?" I ask. He shrugged. I walked over to him and sit beside him. His jawline was doing the thing so I knew something was wrong.
"Talk to me!"
He looks at me.
"Mom just told me that Amelia died..I don't know what to do!?!" He said putting his head in his palm.
"We can cancel our trip babe. It's okay." I say pulling him into a hug.
"No, I need this darling!" He pulls away from the hug and we walk back into class.
When school was over Danny, Joshua (coach wells), Paige, and I drove to my house to park our cars. Paige was gonna drive her Tahoe, so we took hers.
I sat in the back with Daniel and I laid my head in his lap before falling asleep.
I was woken up to a drive through voice saying "welcome to zaxbys," so I jumped up.
We ate, and we had another 2 hours to go so I fell back asleep in his lap.