2

I went home without any homework. I was so excited to just be home. Paige was waiting at the front door.
"We definitely need to get you a key or something," I said unlocking it. My parents were away for the week so I had the house to myself. I saw Jacobs car pull up, and I gave Paige a look. "Ugh okay fine," I said and walked inside.
I grabbed a granola bar and some Gatorade and got dressed in athletic clothing. I had practice at 4:30 until 6:00. I told Paige and Jacob not to fuck on my bed, walked outside, and got in my car before leaving. I was already tired. And I definitely didn't feel like going to practice.
When I arrived I got my blue and black flag and sat outside the band room.
It was 3:45 and practice wasn't until 4:30 so I had some time. I was in charge of making the routine up for the first song of the football game. I had most of it ready so I started performing the routine to make sure I remembered it.
My last toss that I did, ended up with me in the splits as I caught the flag.
I got up, then I heard a slow clapping.
I turned around and saw Coach Packer. "Very good!" He said. I blushed a little.
"Thank you," I replied getting my Gatorade and taking a sip.
"Um can you do that toss one more time," he asked. I replied with "Sure" and threw it before I landed in the splits.
He just stared at me. Then he snapped out of his trance.
"I'm sorry, That just looks...so good," he reassured.
"Well thank you," I started. "We should head to the practice field, it starts in like 10 minutes."
He grabbed his things and caught up to me.
"So how do you like being captain?" He asked.
"Oh I absolutely love it, I've been on this team for 4 years. It's my life. I've been captain thought for 2 years."
"That's impressive. You're really good at it so I can see why you're captain," he said.
"Well. Thank you it means a lot," I replied and we headed off our separate ways. I got in my spot on the 50 yard hash mark and as soon as the band counted off I started dancing to my flag.
We finished the opener, which is the first song, and took a break.
"Hey Faith, how do you do the first toss?" Lyndi asked me. "I got you," I replied and walked over there to teach her how to do it.
Coach Packer walked over to us and watched.
"So your hand goes here, and put all of your power into the other hand. It isn't hard you just have to put power into it," I said and when she threw it, the toss was perfect.
"See oh my god that was perfect!" I told her before hugging her.
Coach Packer winked at me and we continued with practice. When it was over I told the girls how good they did, we ran two laps, and then everyone left but me. I had to arrange some papers.
"Hey it's about to get dark, you want a ride?" I heard a voice ask. I looked up and saw Coach Packer.
"Yes. Please!" I said and got in. His car smelled like cinnamon apples and it was playing G-Eazy.
"I love Gerald!" I said and turned it up a little. The song that was playing was called "You got me"
He pulled up to my car, and stopped.
"Hey before you leave, here is my number. In case you need help with. You know. Colorguard stuff," he said and handed me a sheet of paper.
"Thank you. So much!" I said and got out.
When I got home Jacob had left and Paige was on the couch.
"Hey, where's Jacob?" I asked.
"Oh he went home, but um. How did practice go," she asked.
"It went fine. Coach Packer is our new sponser," I said sitting beside her and putting a blanket over me.
"Dude he is so hot!" She said and I nodded.
"I know. He is really sweet too. And he's single," I said winking.
I chuckled.
"Nah that's too fucked up. It's like illegal to date your teacher so that is definitely off limits," I said.
Paige shrugged.
"If two people love each other they will find a way to make it work. So if you like him then go for it. But make sure he likes you back."
I turned around and drifted off.