"Turn around," Dad said. I furrow my eyebrows and just did what he told me, I turned around and I saw a brand new laptop sitting on the coffee table. "Happy birthday, It's the least I could do."

He said. I faced him and hugged him tightly, this may or may not be one of the gifts I want to have or maybe not yet, but at least my dad gave it to me. I suddenly felt the urge to cry but I didn't want to, not in front of him.

I walked towards the coffee table and grabbed the laptop, thanking my dad before I went back upstairs to my room and place it down on my working table. I want to wake my mom up but it seems like she's not here.

I was about to go downstairs when I heard some noises and shouting coming from the living room. I didn't want to enter the room and watch those people arguing, I peeked down the stairs a little and I know it's disrespectful to eavesdrop but I'm really curious about what's going in the living room.

"I told you already that I'm not," Dad said while scratching the back of his neck while pacing back and forth. I peeked a little more and saw my mom's face and was a bit shocked that they are already fighting.

Dad just arrived back home and they are starting to argue. Mom just came back from somewhere and I just woke up earlier, received a birthday present from my dad and now this is what I see and hear?

I never wanted this to happen. Especially, not on a special day like my birthday. I haven't even seen the both of them fight like that. There was only one time that mom and dad argued about something about time management but a few minutes later, they were good already.

I just hope that the both of them will be in good terms before my birthday party starts in 6 hours. I went back to my bedroom and just tried to ignore what happened down there, I grabbed a towel and some fresh new clothes to bring with me inside the bathroom and take a shower.

As I was opening the faucet for the hot water, I keep on making these kinds of scenarios inside of my head that maybe my dad isn't really working at all and that maybe he's cheating on my mother and maybe my mom is also cheating on my dad, especially since mom goes home at around half past 10 PM at night.

I stripped down all of my clothes and jumped in the shower to take a refreshing back, wanting to wash off all of the negative things that are rushing inside my head. It's been too risky to handle and I know that whatever may happen to both of my parents might possibly not turn out very well.

As I was done taking a bath, I jumped out of the shower and turned off the faucet. I dried my hair and myself as well, wore my clothes and exited the bathroom. I was met with the cool air inside my room and I heard a few knocks on the door.

My mom soon enters my room as I look at her while removing the towel that was twisted to my hair a while ago and placed it on a chair. I grabbed a comb and stare at my mom as she walks towards my bed and sits down.

I brush my hair and faced the mirror, not wanting to say anything even though the atmosphere is kicking in because of the awkward tension that has already grown because of the arrival of my 'sweet mother'.

"Honey..." She trails off. I continue brushing my hair and turn around to face her, she looks at me and then took a deep sigh as she closes her eyes slowly. "Your father has just left us," she said.

"Again?" I asked. She opens her eyes and nodded her head without saying anything. The happiness that I've been earning and keeping inside for the past 2-3 months before seeing my father's arrival has just left my entire soul.

Maybe that kind of feeling, that kind of happiness already turned into an overwrought in just a second with those words.

'He left us'