1 || I Won't Forget, I Promise ||

DISCLAIMER! ~ I DO NOT OWN ATTACK ON TITAN OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS! THEY ALL BELONG TO HAJIME ISAYAMA! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE PICTURES! CREDITS BELONG TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS! I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY! I HOPE YOU ENJOY AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

~*~
Maria Hospital: Hospital Room 69, Level 4
19th Of September XX14
02:37 pm

A rusty, squeaking noise erupted throughout the unusually quiet room; it was caused by the painfully slow opening of the entrance to the sickeningly white room. Despite the sudden sound, I was terrifyingly calm as I waited for the person, or people - who caused said sound - to speak, or announce who they were at least.

Although, nothing triggered my senses but the soft howls of the cool breeze as they brushed against my ears, and the scent of medicine reaching my senses. It made me shrivel away in disgust, wanting nothing more than to run away from the awful smell that had surrounded me all throughout my life... but I knew it is not, and never will be, possible.

The unbearable silence that consumed the whole room made me assume that the cause of the disturbance was still by the doorway. I opened my mouth to speak to the stranger, or strangers, but before I could, a pair of footsteps squeaked against the seemingly clean, white floor, making my movements stop in their tracks.

I quickly snapped my mouth shut, the tiniest bit of heat making its way to my cheeks from embarrassment as I sat there awkwardly, not knowing who had made their way into my lonesome room.

The pair of footsteps resounded throughout the room, getting louder and closer to my weak form, which lay in the comfort of a thin but warm blanket of a semi-comfortable mattress.

The seconds ticked by ever so slowly and, eventually, they stopped just beside my neatly made bed. Assuming their height, I looked up at the stranger.

"Tch, look a little lower, brat." A voice suddenly spoke in a rude manner, breaking the comfortable silence.

I thought for a second; it sounded so familiar, like I've longed to hear this person's voice for a very long time. It sounded like a males voice because of its deep tone and the way they spoke but I knew better than to assume a person's gender by the sound of their voice.

I quickly obeyed the voice, making sure to remember where the familiar sound had come from so I got their height right this time. Seemingly so, I had guessed the correct height as the stranger said nothing more. Instead, there was the sound of an object being dragged across the tiled floor, creating a low creaking sound, making my sensitive ears twitch.

My head snapped towards where I heard the ungrateful sound, hoping to find where the stranger was. "Over here." Their voice was softer this time, almost as if it were sad... but it wasn't sympathetic, never was it sympathetic.

The thing was, I never really liked to receive sympathy from others; I never needed it and, besides... receiving sympathy wouldn't help my situation at all. This person didn't give me any sympathy for my situation... I liked them already.

Speaking of their voice, I could detect a hint of pain, as well as sadness in it... it was faint, but it was definitely there... for only the worthy to hear. It sounded like a nightingale singing in the faint light of the awakening sun; I hadn't ever heard such a gorgeous sound before... but it's not like I had heard that many sounds throughout the long 18 years of my boring life anyway.