Chapter 31: What should we do?

Nanami's Pov~

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I evidently did, because I just woke up now. In my bed... 'I wonder how I got here? Oh, maybe Akura-ou took me here or something.... Anyway I'll have to thank him later for agreeing to help out!' I smiled, remembering that now I have nothing to fear. After all, He was THE Akura-ou everyone was scared of, and if even Tomoe sais that He is a very powerful demon, then there is nothing to doubt.

"Aaaaaagggghhhh!!"

A loud scream was heard from the room next doors. 'What the...!' I jumped up immediately, rushing to that room to check whatever was happening in there.

3rd person's Pov~

Mizuki was lying on the floor, writhing in pain which source was a deep slash on his side. His arms were securely bound by a rope, just the same as is legs to prevent him from moving and causing even more things.

"What is the name of Ookuninushi is happening here?"

Nanami barged inside, looking for explenation. When she saw her snake familiar, as if the others in that room did not exist, she started franticly tending to his injuries, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. When the deep slash was finally in an acceptable state, one of the three figures standing by decided to speak up.

"Seems like he was possessed by some kind of an evil spirit. Therefore, whatever it was, it is now gone. The only thing that stays is the injury caught by my idiot of a brother."

A silver Fox took his fan, covering half of his face from the sight with it.

"But it seems like the spirit did not entirely left this place. It's presence lingers around the shrine, so I advise you stay inside if you do not with to be possessed as well as the moron over there."

He spoke, looking straight at Nanami who finally realized she wasn't alone in the room.

"Something like this as an enemy.... Should be interesting~"

The red haired and horned demon chuckled, the idea of something potential powerful as an opponent excited him. But Nanami was not feeling excitement or happiness, but fear and worry.

"Then, what should we do?"