Chapter 14: Could you introduce me?

The older Tomoe came for his Master and took her in his hands, taking her outside where Mizuki was already fighting against the big cloud of demonic aura. But there was something hiding inside it.

"A wolf?!"

Himemiko studied the cloud closely and notices a really big animal, probably a wolf, that was hiding inside it. The wolf opened his mouth, letting out a loud roar. His teeth looked sharper than a katana and he was so big and scary looking, it looked nearly impossible for Nanami to believe that it was not only her illusion. The older Tomoe with Mizuki and Himemiko were repeatedly trying to defeat him, but they could do nothing about the demonic wolf. It needed to be purified. And only Nanami could do that. Mizuki was cheering the Land god up, promising to protect her and make sure she is safe.

"You really don't have to worry, we will back you up, Nanami-chan!"

He then smiled and ran away, to continue in the battle.

"So what are you gonna do? It's dangerous for a little girl like you to try to fight that thing. Maybe if you beg me for help, i will be on your side this time as well..."

Akura-ou walked up to Nanami, placing his strong hand on her head and making her hair a mess. Thought his voice was gentle and so seemed to be his smile, Nanami still got a bit angry with him, for joking around with her and make fun of her not being strong enough. But at least he was willing to help, unlike the two Younger demons, that were standing aloof, not even paying any attention to the others. Younger Tomoe was even laying on the ground, half asleep. It was clear that they don't care about anything. Just lazily bum around.

...

It took quiet long time till the demon was finally sealed away. Nanami did a great jod. At least, Mizuki told that to her, but Tomoe was still angry with the second Shinshi so he had no mood to praise the little girl.

"Do you think i should go stop them?"

"Who cares about those two idiots, just let them fight. It's not like they will kill each other. They don't have enough courage to do so..."

The Older Akura-ou and Nanami were peacefully drinking tea, while the Older Tomoe was beating Mizuki nearly to dead. 'I guess what Akura-ou is saying is true.' Nanami took a sip from her cup of tea and looked toward a distant corner of the room, where Younger Tomoe and Akura-ou were both laying on the ground. Thank god the shrine was not damaged at all. Then suddenly a strong wind blew through the room, from the outside the sliding door.

...

"Hello, Nanami~"

"That voice...Otohiko?!"

The wind god was standing in front of the table, where Nanami and Older Akura-ou were sitting by. His clothes was fabulous as always.

"Why hello there, Nanami-chan! I am here to check on you. Looks like you finally got from the past. So how was it? Fun, right? Travelling back in the time sure is amusing, but i bet tomorrow you will be glad if you will be able to move even if only a little. After all, you were out of your body for some long time, so it might hurt a lot the next day. Anyway, i think i saw some two unknown person a while ago. Could you introduce me?"

'So that is the real reason for him to be here? Geez, that Otohiko! But i guess i can't let him see that the Tomoe and Akura-ou from the past are here as well. What do i do?' Nanami quickly looked at where the two demons from the past were located a minute ago, but no one was there.

"So sorry, Otohiko-sama, but i guess you misunderstood! There is no other person than me, Nanami-sama, Akura-ou and the idiot over here."

The Older Tomoe pointed his finger at Mizuki, who was smiling happily.

"Welcome back, Otohiko-sama!"

He waved at the wind god.

...

"Is that who i think it is?"

The younger Tomoe from the past somehow managed to get in another room just before Otohiko entered the shrine. Along with Tomoe there was also the Younger Akura-ou. The fox demon, smoking his pipe, watched the conversation through a cranny in the door that was not entirely closed. Thought his ears were good, he still had some difficulties recognizing what the talk was about.

"That man is Otohiko. A wing god."

"Looks like the us from the future are pretty friendly toward gods. Especially that girl named Nanami."

"Yeah. I wonder what is that girl to your future self? He, i mean you, looked quiet concerned about her when that stupid demon wolf appeared."

Akura-ou smiled, enjoying his brothers reaction. Tomoe was angry with his him, saying things like that. But when he calmed down, it looked like he was desperately thinking about something. 'What is that girl to me?'

...

"Oh, is that so? I am sorry about the misunderstanding! Well, i will be going then. Have a good day, Nanami-chan and the others!"

Otohiko vanishes as quickly as the wind that came with him to the shrine, leaving Nanami relieved. She sighed in ease. Tomoe let go of Mizuki and sat next to her, playing with her hair and smiling at her. Then, without Nanami expecting it, Tomoe suddenly hugged her. The Land god's cheeks slightly blushed.

"I really am glad you are back, Nanami..."

He said with a gentle voice.

"But wait, what is this?"

Akura-ou lifter the little girl's hand and looked at it closely. His expression darkened.