Chapter 3: Why are you here?

The sun was slowly rising up on the sky. The rays of light riddled through cranny from not completely closed doors that connect the room Nanami and Yukiji were sleeping in with a garden full of all kinds of different flowers. Red, blue, yellow, white and so much more collors adorned theyr blossoms. The birds were singing and the breeze was carring theyr songs away.It was so much different from what Nanami was used to undegro every morning with her two familiars. She was probably the first one to wake up this early in the morning. Not sure what to do, since she was getting slightly bored from just laying on her futon and thinking about her friends, she decided to go and get some fresh air.

"Wow! The beauty of this garden is literally breathtaking!"

Walking around and view the flowers, someone patted her shoulder. Land god quickly turned her head nervously to the person.

"Yukiji-san!"

Miss Yukiji, wearing a splendid kimono and having her hair get fixed into high ponytail that was beholden with glorious ribbon, observed Nanami beatifically dally with colorful petals.

"Nanami-chan, i wish you good morning."

Yukiji smiled wryly while one of her maid servants hasted to talk to her. By the tone of her voice Nanami could tell the conversation was of great importance. 'What are they saying? i can't hear anything at all.' The talk ended quickly. According to Yukijis upset response, the news sure weren't good to hear.

"Nanami-chan..."

She gently took Nanami's hand and walker her back inside the mansion. Later that day, the Land god found out whan made her new friend from this era so angry. The rumors have it in the village that a messenger from Tomoe and Akura-ou arrive at the village earlier and told the chief here to prepare the pretties girls for his two lords, adding that they will arrive tomorrow in the high noon.

"If your woman will disappoint lord Tomoe or lord Akura-ou, this village will be burned down with no survivors. Keep this in your minds humans, before you will try to hide any of the women from us!"

...

Poor Miss Yukiji was sitting in her room for quiet some time now, looking at something similar to flute. A single tear run down her cheek before she realises Nanami is in the door, looking at her with pity and understanding. Her father talker to Yukiji-san and little Land god just few moments ago. He was planning on sending them both to another vilage where he has a really good friend that could hide her for some time till the demons leave.

"But father...!"

The daughter of man of the house started arguing. She had a good reason to do so. She cares about people from the vilage as if all of them were her family.

"What if the demons find out? You heard it, if we try to hide any women, the vilage will be destroyed by them!"

Not able to bare it to look at Yukijis tears anymore, Nanami encouraged her.

"Thank you for your support back there, Nanami-chan..."

It wasn't easy to persuade the man of the house so the two girls can stay. They made a little deal. It was about that after the demons arrive, they have to wear something that will veil theyr faces.

"If you two will be lucky tomorrow and if you won't do anything unnecesery or loud, you can be at ease. But you must remember, you ABSOLUTELY CAN'T do anything stupid that will draw the demons attenton to you! Understand?"

...

Ever since Nanami got trapped in the world of the past, Tomoe was pretty much resless. He refused to leave her in the room alone, even for only few seconds and when no one was around, he repeatedly cried out her name. Even Mizuki was slowly getting worried about Tomoe, but not as much as he was about his master. At day and at nigh, the second Shinsi was forcibly working to fix the broken time-turning incense burner as fast as he can, but still he knew it would take some time. Maybe even more than he told Tomoe it will take. A thought of Tomoe freaking out after hearing that the fixing will take longer than planned gave him the willies.

"Mizuki-dono"

Onikiri and Kotetsu heads popped inside of Mizuki's room, watching him work.

"What is is, you two?"

He was vainly trying to control his shaking voice in front of them not to make the two children too worried as well.

"Mizuki-dono, there are visitors at the Land gods shrine and Tomoe-dono refuses to go greet them! Could you go instead this time?"

'Visiters? Who could it be? There was no one that was suppose to meet with Nanami-chan now, so what could they possibly want?' Mizuki unwillingly stood up, heading to the main door and slide them open, his eyes widened in surprise.

"Why are YOU here?"