Chapter 6: Training

Me, dad, and Dark teleported to our usual training spot for the first time, cause basically we can't teleport before and had to fly all the way here.

'Damn I missed wearing these,' I said to myself, looking at the jumpsuit dad made for us. It had a somewhat tight fit and it shows off my curves but the reason we have to wear uniform is to heal wounds in a blink of an eye. If not for this uniform, I would've been dead by now... Why you ask?

*Flashback*
About a couple years ago, in training, we were working on our skills in using blades. We had blindfolds on and I was usually the one to go first. We had to throw three daggers at the same time, hitting the center of the target. As usual, I always hit bullseye's. I just grabbed the last dagger from the target. It was deeper the last time I threw it so I had to take some time to remove it. While taking it off, I forgot to alert my brother that I wasn't finished, because we had a time limit for pulling out the daggers and taking turns. Without further notice, Dark thought he threw the three daggers at the target, but hit me instead. He took his blindfold away and called dad. I found myself having a dagger in my stomach, another in my leg, and lastly in my shoulder. Dad went over and pulled the daggers out fast. It hurt a bit, it felt like burning when he pulled it out, but about a minute later, my wounds are already fully closed, as if nothing happened. I was left to sit on the bench while seeing Dark practice, then later ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to do it, i was blindfolded I didn't know you were still in the way, I didn't hear anything, I could've killed you, you could've been dead, I thou-"  I cut him off cause he was talking too fast but I was able to pick up what he was saying.

"It's okay now, Dark... Breathe in and out,calm down, and talk slowly," I told him as I rubbed his back in circles. He later pulled me out of the hug and held my shoulders, his hands shaking in fear.

"I... (Y/n)... I...can't bear... I ... could've... Lost you... You know how I'll feel when I do... And I was scared... Fearing that you won't be there for me when I needed you. I'm scared of seeing you gone, and it's all gonna be my fault. I'm sorry..." he quickly pulled me in for another hug to let him cry in my shoulder. Minutes later, dad called us so we flew back to the palace...

End of flashback

I was just about to get warming up when dad batted in...

" OH no young lady, since last time you had an accident, you're gonna wanna have to go after your brother..." Dad said, positioning me about two meters far from Dark as I practiced throwing daggers, knives, and other blades on the tree where I always practiced on before I got my turn. Minutes later, dad called me.

"Hey, (y/n), do your thing now girl" dad jokingly said to me with a sassy tone.

"Oh I will, and I'll do the same thing HE did to me before, by ACCIDENT." I said the last part, referring to Dark and holding an evil grin on my face.

"Ugh, please don't..." Dark rolled his eyes and backed away. We did our usual thing after that, taking turns, then moving on to our next session. We're taking two sessions today: blade skills and shapeshifting.

"Dog" I turned into a dog with a streak of red on my back, Dark having a streak of white at his.

"Bat" I turned into a bat with red lined up on my wings, Dark with white lined up wings.

"Wolf" I turned into a dark brown wolf with a streak of red at my bangs, Dark having white blotches on his whole body.

"Beetle" I turned into a simply blood red beetle, Dark being black but with white lining up on his wings.

"Cat" Both of us turned into black cats, me having red bangs and Dark having white bangs, white legs, and a small part if white at his tail.

"Human"

"Umm, dad, why do we need to shape shift into a human? " I asked Dad after shapeshifting back into our demon selves.

"Well, technically, you don't shape shift into a human. You only have to change the color of your eyes and your skin tone, but I'm glad you asked," dad said before proceeding with the other configurations of being before returning to the castle.

"Remember, when you shape shift, you appear to be rare beings that are not yet discovered, so know each other's appearances and stick together, because you'll be needing it some time." Dad said as we arrived at the castle.

Dark Jr.'s POV
"Hey, dad, remind us if dinner's ready please. I just have to speak with my sister in private." I said as I grabbed (y/n)'s wrist and dragging her to my room.

"Dammit Dark why now?! And could you please stop grabbing me by the wrist and hold my hand instead. My arm's been getting weak at the moment and I would mind if you quit that habit of yours," she whined as I sat on the floor, letting her sit in front of me.

(A/N) Always remember in parts like this, Dark which is your brother is always the one with the underlined italics, yours are only 'italicized'. In some cases, the Dark which is your father will appear in bold italics. Sorry for batting in, thanks.

Ok, you can continue now (^^)

" I won't just drag you here for a reason, you know."

"What is it this time?"

"I want to hear your opinion, on why do you think we need to shape shift, and change into a human, or other somewhat unnecessary stuff we do in training..."

"I suppose we need this to be ready in case something wrong happens, I guess. And they're best for pulling out the best pranks, don't you think?

"Yeah I had the same thing on my mind as well, but why does dad let us shape shift into a human about, I don't know, countless times in training?"

"You don't think we're going to the human realm, are you?"

"I hope not..."

We ended the conversation in stiff bodies, unable to move unless one of us does. My sister went back to her room and played with Chica, which always seemed to calm her down at times like this. I've been in deep thoughts for the last few minutes, thinking about my sister's opinion.

'Maybe she's right?'

'no, it's impossible'

'but it could be right'

'no, I need to get myself out of this'

'but what happens if we did get sent'

'you won't last for a week'

' Top Priority: protect your sister at all costs'

'but ho-'

My thoughts were cut off by a knock on the door. Kathryn called us to go for dinner. I went out of my room and called out for (y/n), seeing her come out as Chica ran downstairs.

"You okay?"

"I think so..."