Best friend [2] (Blackstar x Reader)

Days have passed. Well,a week did. But the confession you made changed everything. You and Blackstar lost the closeness you both had before. Everytime you two walk past each other,he will just look away and you will just avoid his gaze. And it made you feel like wanting to go to a time machine and take your words back. And just keep them inside you forever.

But that can't happen. And you know it.

You sighed,slamming your head on your desk. School's been a disaster for the week. But it really isn't,you were just depressed about that thing that happened. Even though you were drifting away,you still care about him. Like that one time when he suddenly beated up Allen and he went to detention. You were worried and wanted to stop them,but you were too afraid… And scared that he might just push you away.

When the bell rang,you started keeping your notes. Your eyes followed Blackstar as he went outside,not even looking back at you. But you don't know,he's just hiding his eyes under his blue bangs and was looking back at you. You closed your bag then slipped it on your shoulders,sighing. You started walking on your way home after.

Yep,you've been having the same routine. Wake up,get ready for school,go to school,do activities,watch him around,watch him leave after classes,think of the past memories,and silently walk home. Then do assignments,and sleep.

You were walking to your house,when you passed by the tree where yours and his names are carved. You sighed,reading the letters.

"Blackstar & (y/n)'s tree ! Do not touch !"

You slightly laughed,remembering the time when Blackstar carved it when you were both six. But it's also the place where you had your first heart break. The time when he told you about him and Tsubaki.

You went near it,touching the carved part. "I'm sorry…" You sighed. You took your hand back,staring at it. "It's my fault… Why we're not the same as how we were before…" You mumbled,sitting down and leaning against it. You hugged your knees then started crying to yourself,missing the times.

You didn't notice,but Blackstar was asleep on a branch. He sprinted all the way here,then ended up falling asleep,feeling and thinking the same way as you. When he heard you crying,he woke up. He took a look below,seeing you. He frowned,watching you cry on your own. "Look what you did,you dumb piece of sh*t !" He scolded himself.

He instantly felt his heart crush when he heard you talking to yourself. It was obvious… You've been alone. Tsubaki already broke up with him,telling him that her parents don't like him. And she has to follow the family's rules. He sighed,continuing to watch you.

You and him felt alone without each other,but you both are just afraid. He blinked when he saw you stand up,wiping your own tears off. "Maybe I should just stop this nonsense….. Satou's right… I should just move on…" He heard you mumble. He gasped,shaking his head. He didn't know why,but he felt like something struck his chest when he heard you. You heard his gasp,making you look around. "Is… Anyone there ?" You mumbled. He quickly covered his mouth,then stood up on the branch. "Please… Don't…" He mumbled. You froze,then slowly looked up. "Speed star…" He sighed then used the skill to run away without being noticed. When you looked up,you saw nothing. But you were sure,it was his voice.

You just shrugged it off. "Come on… Am I getting insane now ? I've been hearing his voice…" You grumbled,then went back to your way home.

~~~~~~

You were in your room,doing your assignments. You got startled when your phone rang. You sighed then saw it was Soul,so you picked it up. "Hello ?" You blinked. "(y/n),you have to come here !" Soul said. "Why ?" You asked. "Blackstar's drunk and he won't just go home. He keeps saying he wants to see you…" Soul sighed. You frowned,looking down. "Is… That so…?" You asked again. "Yes… Well,Maka's gonna kick me in the face cause it's getting late. So I need help. Can you ?" Soul asked. "Sure." You said. After Soul told you the location,you went outside then went there.