Chapter Seventeen.

Start from the beginning

'How embarrassing.'

Trotting out of the kitchen, she handed the glass of water to Jimin, who took it and drank it in one gulp, thanking her as he set the empty glass on the table.

Sana sat next to him, a decent distance of three feet between them as she cleared her throat, rubbing her palms over her thighs before facing him.

"So..what brings you here?" She questioned.

The rise of his eyebrows and the surprise taking over his facial features was an exceptionally hard smack of uncertainty and the fear of having done something wrong.

"Did I..did I ask something wrong?"

Jimin was quick to shake his head in denial, flicking his wrists before answering. "No, nothing wrong. Just..surprising," he mumbled.

Sana frowned at that. "Surprising?"

"You really don't remember we were supposed to leave today?"

Oh.

Oh.

'Oh sHit.'

"Shit– Sorry Jimin! Gosh, I'm so sorry, it really slipped out of my mind. I'm so horrible, oh God. I'm so, so sorry, Jimin. I–" she stood up abruptly, pacing across the room, cursing at herself.

Her fit of worry was only ceased by Jimin grabbing her arms, holding her in place, and preventing her from moving as he made her face him.

"I had a hunch about it. don't worry. It was too sudden anyways. You don't need to pack a lot of things, just some necessities. We'll come across a lot of stores on our way anyway," he smiled softly and she stared at his face for a few still seconds before averting her eyes, nodding as she drew a shaky breath.

Averting her eyes only lead to something else entirely. Taking notice of his attire, she realized that he was wearing simple black jeans, ripped though– God, someone save Sana and her sanity–, and a palm tree print bomber jacket with a black shirt underneath.

(Take reference from the picture above.)

'I approve, a full hundred by hundred.'

"Y-yeah okay. I'll pack some..necessities, and get ready. You don't mind waiting here for some time, do you?"

"Not at all, take your sweet time."

'Gosh.'

-

"I still can't grasp onto the fact that I wholly forgot about it. Never took myself for an irresponsible one," Sana grumbled and grimaced, fingers latching onto the threads of her shirt, lips turned downwards in a pout.

Jimin chuckled, stretching a hand to pat her on the shoulder. "We're supposed to make mistakes, Sana. Stop grieving over it and enjoy the trip. We've got a long way to go," Jimin spoke, perhaps a bit too comforting and softly.

Holding up her index finger, she shook her head. "Nuh uh, shush Jimin. Let me have a moment of wallowing in self-pity and embarrassment."