Chapter 2: Death upon you

Taehyung's P.O.V

I was eating breakfast when suddenly I heard someone say Park Hyunbin in the news.

I know,there's probably like a lot of Hyunbin in this world,but somehow this felt like the Hyunbin I know.

"Park Hyunbin was reportedly to be found dead around 12:15 am,this morning near Seongdam-dong."

Suddenly,my heart quickened up its pace and my eyes widened at the sight. Hyunbin was all bloody and scary.

"The killer seemed to have stabbed him around twelve times,maybe they had a fight?"

While I was looking at the horrifying screen suddenly I didn't feel like eating anymore.

"All evidence have been taken and the victim's friends and family will be contacted. And that's all for today's news."

The television was turned off. "Hey,are you okay? Why didn't you finish your breakfast?" Mr.Kim asked.

"My friend died today."

From early in the morning,the high school was buzzing with people talking about the school's bully's death.

"Are you okay?" Suddenly,someone asked me while I was still in a trance,it was Jimin.

"No,I'm fine." I blushed. "That guy,really,he was always in trouble with people." I just nodded.

"You're being interviewed later too,right?"

"Yeah,because he's always bullying me,doesn't mean I killed him." Jimin laughed,that laugh made me even more weaker than I already was.

"Well then. See you around,Tae." I waved at him and went to class.

"Really,ugh. Hyunbin's death is obviously disturbing us all. But I'm likeㅡ it's so tiresome. Even I have to be interviewed." Hoseok was ranting about Hyunbin's death while I was busy staring at Jungkook.

Jungkook was busy talking to Namjoon. I noticed that he has such beautiful features and he seems to be unbothered by everything that was happening right now.

Sure,maybe because he was new? So he probably didn't feel anything much about this.

While I was staring at him,he turned around and caught me. I quickly looked back at Hoseok. From the corner of my eyes,I could see him smiling. Why is my heart beating fast?

"Kim Taehyung. Age,17 years old. An only child. Was bullied by Hyunbin because you were gay?"

"Yes." It was embarrassing to admit all of these to the police officer but it was better than me being questioned a lot of times just because I missed out something.

"Wow,so like wanna grab coffee later?" I stared at the police officer near the questioner. The police officer was young and seemed like he was really gay and was hitting on me.

But,no way. I only have my eyes set on Park Jimin.

"Officer Choi! Will you focus on your job please? We have a criminal on the lose!" His partner shouted. Officer Choi just made a grumbling sound.

"Alright,fine. Kim Taehyung,you're done. We'll contact you if we need anything so can you just input your numberㅡ"

"CHOI MINHO!!"

"Bye,Tae!" Hoseok said to me as he went away.

Walking alone was pretty usual for me but since Hyunbin's death,it feels eerie.

"Hey." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Jungkook. My heart beat in a faster pace.

"You going home?" He asked while smiling. "Y-yeah." Stop stuttering Taehyung,you're embarrassing yourself.

"Oh,umm wanna walk together?"

That's right. I forgot that he was my neighbor. Now I don't have to walk alone again. Good,at least I had someone to depend on.

"Alright." I blushed. He held out his hand. "What are you doing?"

"Duh,trying to hold your hand. You don't wanna be like Hyunbin,do you? Don't worry,I'll protect you."

The tone in his voice made it seem like he knew what happened to him. As if he wasn't kidding.

My eyes widened and I immediately grabbed his hand.

"Alright,let's go!"

The whole walk to the house was silent except for the fact that Jungkook was whistling some kind of tune.

And I kept looking down while just listening to him.

"We're here."

Huh? I looked up and saw my house. "Oh. Thanks for today." I smiled.

"No problem! And tomorrow's gonna be like this too! And the day after tomorrow,and the day after that and the day after that. Let's be together forever."

I just gave him a nervous laugh. But Jungkook looked dead serious. I got nervous so I just bid him goodbye and went inside my house before locking the door.

Such intensity. I wonder what he meant by 'let's be together forever'?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

To be continued !!
How's the story so far?