Chapter 9

The art competition was the last event of the festival.

Avery dropped me home, shortly after... and I somehow made a promise that I'd show her how to use a drawing tablet..

Today was now Thursday, a few days after. Avery mentioned something about stopping over today.

The good part of today was that it was the day I could collect my pay check. Instead of weekly, mine actually get sent out monthly.

I also had a bit of money of there from original artwork I designed for Cole.

After receiving the check, instead doing something actually fun first.. I called up an important number.

It answered on the third ring.

"Hello, Alexadra Davis. May I asked why you called?" He answered. I cringed a little bit at him calling my full name.

"Ahh.. yes. So I just wanted to inform you that I have paid off my rent in full..." I nodded. "I laid down a payment for next month as well."

"Wh-.. Oh, alright. Thank you very much Miss Davis.." There was a hint of surprise in his voice, mixed with his regular nonchalant tone. He seemed to pause for a moment as if he was checking something. After a few minutes, he cleared his throat. "Alright, have a good day."

A huge weight was then lifted off my shoulders after the call was hung up.

Even though the job I have was quite a bit of work.. it really did pay off.

Other than work, these past few days have also been pretty weird.

It felt like I managed to create an entirely new prospective on life..

At first, I pretty much hated anything on this planet considered human.

Avery was one of the first people I met, and actually took time to notice the structure of their face and body.

I mean.. I still see people around me as just random, colourless entities, but Avery for some reason pops out for me.

This was the case for maybe a very small handful of other people.

The whole scenario created a beautiful image in my head.

A little too beautiful... a few days ago I found it really embarrassing that she caught me starring at her for too long.

She didn't have a problem with it, luckily..

But.. a few other times when accidentally bumping into her last week, I felt a something spark within me.

It was pretty frightening.

-=+=-

Before I sat down, and thought for a lot longer a buzzing noise went off from my pocket.

"I'm at the door. :) -Avery~ "

"Oh, perfect! Does that mean I'm supposed to actually open it, or are you just going to plan on standing there? -Me"

"You know what I meant. -_- -Avery~ "

I laughed before replying back and pulling open the front door.

Avery stood outside, calmly leaning against a tree with a notebook, and her unopened drawing tablet box.

It looked like she had put a bit more effort in her clothing, and hair than usual.

A confident, yet slightly alluring smile was shone brightly from under her hood.

"Ya nerd." I grinned. "Someone could have stolen that from you."