Epilogue

Epilogue
"TOBI! OW!" I squealed, dropping to the carpet dramatically. "I thought we said no more BB guns?"
"Don't touch my brother, or that's what you get!" Tobi exclaimed, hi-fiving Manny, and grinning at his camera. The two brothers disappeared down the winding staircase of our new house, which since we'd moved in almost two months ago, wasn't really new anymore. I heard Manny mutter something about finding Chris and Anya, and I hoped they were safely hidden somewhere that wasn't downstairs.
"Jordy, come on!" I turned, to see Simon standing over me, nerf gun in one hand, camera in the other. The rule of the game we'd invented, was if you got shot, you had to stay down until someone on your team could get to you. I jumped up, and grabbed my own gun from the floor where it had fallen, turning the camera to face me as I stood beside Simon.
"Maybe splitting up wasn't a good idea. Where are Chris and Anya?" I asked.
"I think they were in the loft, last I heard," he said. "Let's go up there."
I followed him up the stairs, holding my gun ready, and my camera documenting our movements. We were all divided into teams of four - me, Simon, Chris and Anya were on one team, Josh, Frey, JJ and Meah were on another, Vik, Behz, Kay and Emily on the third team, and the fourth had Tobi, Manny, Summer and Ellie. The second and third teams had both been eliminated already, this being achieved by shooting all their players down at once, so they had no one who was able to revive them. They'd all been sent to wait the rest of the war out in the garage.

"Hey guys," I grinned and Chris and Anya, as we entered the loft, and saw them there.
"Hey," replied Chris. "Come look, you two - they're in the back yard, we can see through the window."
"Yeah, Tobi shot me, and then they went downstairs," I nodded. "Tobi's got a BB gun, and it hurts!"
"Look, they're coming inside now," said Anya. "Get ready."
"Should we split up?" Asked Chris.
"No, that didn't go so well last time, and that's what they're gonna do, I bet you," Simon said. "Let wait behind the door here, and just go all out when they come in, which they're bound to do sooner or later."
We all agreed to this scheme, and followed Simon as he ducked behind the door, Anya letting out a small giggle in the process. Chris pressed a finger to her lips to shush her, his eyes alight with excitement. I was pretty excited too, to be fair. This game was lots of fun. It was a video idea of Simon's, and he planned to edit everybody's point of view together, into one big nerf war movie.
"I wish I had this idea, you know," Chris muttered under his breath, as we waited for Tobi's team to find us. "I'm gonna have to recreate my old nerf war videos for my 4 million subs special soon, this would have been perfect."
"You can do something similar," Anya whispered. "Nerf ought to pay you, honestly." We all giggled, until Simon stopped suddenly.
'Here they come,' he mouthed.
The door opened, and in walked Summer and Ellie. They looked around briefly, before we jumped out, and surprised them.
"No!" Yelled Ellie, dropping to the floor. "Summer, help!"
"I'm sorry!" Summer yelled too, half laughing, as she fell to the floor beside her team mate.
"Double kill," Simon smirked, pretending to blow the smoke away from the tip of his nerf gun.
"You're so cringe," I laughed. "Now for the other two." I turned towards the door, and as if on cue, Tobi and Manny entered the room. It didn't take us long to knock them over as well, although Tobi managed to take Anya out with his BB gun.
"VICTORY!" Yelled Simon, spinning around with his camera. I jumped on his back, and pulled faces at his camera, yelling too.
"We're by FAR the greatest team, that the world has ever seen!" I sang.
"And it's Arsenal FC!" Chris joined in, and we both laughed. Anya glared at him. "Nope, still a sore point? Aw, I'm sorry baby," he laughed, giving her a hand to stand up from where she'd fallen, when Tobi shot her. I turned to Simon.
"What's up with those two?" I asked.
"Arsenal played Man City today," he explained, chuckling.
"Oh. I take it the result wasn't a good one?"
"That depends on who you ask," Chris smirked. He pulled Anya to him, and kissed her sweetly. She rolled her eyes at him.
"I actually hate you, like why are we even dating?"
"You loooove me!" Chris grinned. She laughed at him.
"Come on," she said. "Are we leaving the others in the garage for the rest of the day, or..."
"Not a bad plan," Tobi laughed. "But no, we should go let them out. And Simon's got lots of editing to do!"
Simon wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and I looked up at him.
"Editing date?" He asked me.
"Like... sharing headphones and eating Doritos editing date?"
"Of course," he smiled.
"Well then, editing date," I confirmed.
"Maybe editing date can be their always," Summer murmured, causing Anya, Ellie and myself to burst out laughing. Tobi and Manny both turned to Simon for an explanation, but he only rolled his eyes playfully.
"Don't even ask," he chuckled. "Laughter comes from strange places. Some things just can't be defined."

THE END