Chapter 36: Sims, Nando's, and Revolving Doors

Forgiveness, abstract noun.
To stop feeling angry or resentful towards a person for an offence, flaw, or mistake. It doesn't mean you've forgotten what happened. It just means you've moved on.

Chapter thirty six: Sims, Nando's, and Revolving Doors
Day two of Insomnia turned out to be a lot more eventful than any of us had anticipated. I spent the morning with the girls, and we passed most of the time making each other, and few of the guys on Sims. Then we met up with Simon, Josh, Tobi, and Manny, and I left with Simon to go and find JJ, who was apparently the only other person who wanted food. The three of us headed out into Birmingham to find somewhere to eat, and we ended up at Nando's, of course.

"What were you guys doing this morning?" I asked them.
"Well I was with Josh at the GTA thing, I dunno what Jide was doing," said Simon.
"I did a Twitter meet up, and caused a traffic jam," shrugged JJ.
"Do we even want to know?" Laughed Simon, looking at me, and rolling his eyes at his friend.
"It got pretty insane," JJ chuckled. "Was fun though. It's crazy how much of an impact you can have on someone's life just through being yourself." Simon and I both stared at him.
"Yo, that's the deepest thing he's said in like three years," chuckled Simon, looking at me.
"I get you though, Jide," I smiled.
"Thank you, Jordy," stated JJ, pretending to glare at Simon. "At least someone appreciates me."

As we stood up to leave Nando's, a group of three girls came up to say hi, and take pictures with us.
"How are you guys?" I smiled.
"Great, and you?" Replied one of them.
"We're well thanks," said Simon. "Do you girls want photos?"
"Yes please," said one of them, nodding, as they took out their phones. We took photos, and talked for a while, before heading back to the convention centre.
"Josh just texted me," frowned Simon. "He's coming to meet us in the lobby."
"Why can't we go find him?" Asked JJ, frowning. "We're going back in there anyway, aren't we?" Simon shrugged.
"I get the idea he's not okay," he replied. "I'm gonna wait for him. You guys can go on in if you want."
"It's cool, we'll wait," I said, glancing at JJ, who nodded. We reached the big building, and entered through the revolving doors. They were slow moving, but the walls were almost entirely made of glass. And as I peered through the glass into the lobby, I met the eyes of none other than Joe Weller.

"Keep going round," I said quietly to the two boys. "Go outside again." They both looked at me weirdly, but continued revolving the doors around until we were back to where we came from. I was glad Simon hadn't caught sight of Joe, as I knew he was incredibly angry at him.
"What's up?" He asked, immediately we were out in the open again.
"Just someone I really don't want to see in there," I explained, quietly. JJ nodded, understandingly, although he was still confused, but realisation was beginning to show itself on Simon's face.
"It's him, isn't it," he stated. I nodded. "I'm going back in there to kill him."
"No you're not," I said, grabbing his arm. "You won't achieve anything by doing that."
"But he hurt you, Jordy," he sighed, turning his blue eyes to look at me. We stared at each other, neither willing to give in. JJ looked between the two of us.
"Are you two dating?" He said bluntly. This comment was so random, and so typical of JJ, that I giggled.
"Yeah," said Simon, turning to look at his best friend. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. I always found it cute when he did that. "I was gonna tell you later today bro, but you ruined it." JJ laughed.
"I'm happy for you guys," he grinned, patting us both on the back. "But to return to the point, this guy you're talking about, is it the same one from Gamescom all those years ago?"
"Yeah Jide," I nodded, sighing. "It's someone you guys all know pretty well, and since I'm sure he's changed for the better since then, I didn't want to rat him out to you guys."
"Fair enough," JJ nodded.
"You forgive too easily," Simon said, looking at me.
"You sound like my brother," I retorted.
"It's true though," said Simon.
"So what if it is?"
"Okay, shut up, both of you," interrupted JJ. "Simon is right, but it doesn't mean you've forgotten what happened, Jordy, and that's what's important."