Chapter Thirty Nine: Love That Lets Go

Prepare to cry...I know I did. :') I've grown so attached to this book and knowing there's only one chapter left after this...it's crazy shit guys! So wow, thank you to all that have read this and please share it with your friends because it would mean the world to me to see people still reading this after it's finished. :D This is a really sad chapter but the next chapter will be happier, I promise. 

Also, message me on here! I reply to literally everyone so feel free to! 

You're the best fans in the world! 

Xx Em <3  P.S IT'S MAH BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm so excited! I got a signed 'Internet Kids Never Sleep' poster by Connor Franta from Audrey! I also got FOOOODD (candy and chips) from Kyndra! And I'm getting an Oreo shirt from my twin besties! I love mah besties so much! They got me amazing gifts! <3 ;D 

______________________________

Anna's P.O.V

Do you ever get that feeling where you're so nervous you want to throw up, faint, and die? I was experiencing that at the moment. I have a dilemma. And no, this wasn't one of those moments where you're sitting in class and all of a sudden, you need to ask the teacher a question because you don't get it. But then you're like 'But what if everyone laughs at me? What if the teacher thinks I'm stupid? What if she judges me?' So you don't ask that question. You just sit awkwardly and pretend you're doing it right. Oh yeah, teacher, because I totally know what '3y + 9x(136 - 7) + -800 =____' is! 

But no, this wasn't one of those times, even though I have plenty of those. This was a time where you were too nervous to ask your own frickin boyfriend to Prom! I swear, my insides are disintegrating right now as I'm waiting for him to answer my Skype call. 

A girl shouldn't have to ask a guy to Prom. It's just not right. That's like asking a guy to marry you! A guy is the one who should propose, not the girl. Unless you attacked the guy and like made it funny like in Bride Wars. Bride Wars is a perfect example. In Bride Wars, Liv is desperate for her boyfriend to propose so she goes to his office and yells, 'Will you frickin marry me already, honey?" It's hilarious. Now it'd be okay if you did that. But, if a girl was like getting down on one knee and said, "Will you marry me?" being dead serious, it's frickin wrong. 

So, the way I'm going to do it is give suttle hints to him so he gets it and asks me. Perfect plan, right? 

"Hey, Tommo." Monroe answers finally and I grin and wave to him. He's in his dorm room and Daniel, his American roommate, is in the back on his computer. Daniel is a 'stoned fucking douche bag that sucks pussy for breakfast' as Monroe put it. 

"The fuck you talking to?" Daniel asks Monroe and Monroe glares at him. 

"Shut the fuck up, Daniella." 

"Call me Daniella one more time and I'll twist your knickers!" Daniel jokes just because Monroe's British like me and everyone else I know. Come to think of it, I only know five Aussies, 5SOS and Alex, and no Americans whatsoever. Except for this ass cactus. 

"Thanks for the heads up, dude!" Monroe mocks him now and Daniel just flips him off. I applaud you, Monroe. 

"Sorry about him, he's just stoned as fuckin hell!" Monroe says loudly so Daniel can hear him. 

"Monroe, it's fine. Just ignore the dipshit." I roll my eyes. He sighs and nods. 

"So, what's up, Tommo?" Monroe asks with a cheeky grin. 

"Oh you know, just sitting here, a dance comin' up at school..." I trail off, hoping I gave him a clue. 

"Really? Nice. I hope you have fun." Monroe smiles. 

"Yeah...this dance is important. We need a certain somebody by our side..." I use emphasis on the last words. 

"Cool." 

"Yeah...it's the best night at school..." I say. Okay, this dipshit is so stupid, I'm getting frustrated. Maybe if I fly in a plane and write the letters across the sky then he'd understand! Frickin, moron. 

Monroe is a moron. 

I like that. It sounds good together. Monroe the moron. Monroe's a moron. 

"Sounds fun." Monroe replies. 

"OH YOU FRICKIN MORON OF A DIPSHIT HOBO MONKEY WILL YOU GO TO THE FUCKIN PROM WITH ME GOD DAMMIT!" I burst in frustration and a smirk plays at his lips. 

"I knew the whole time. I just wanted to hear you ask." Monroe says smugly. 

"If you were here with me right now, you'd be on the ground right now with many many bruises." I inform him with an innocent smile and he looks horrified yet amused. 

After a long pause of him just sitting there, not giving me a damn answer, he finally smiles half amused and half of a cocky sonofabitch smile. 

"So, where do I buy a tux?" 

*********************************************

"I honestly don't get why girls go crazy over Prom. It just doesn't make sense. All you do is dance like idiots in the gym looking like a frickin princess from Storybrook." Audd rambles on. 

"Alex hasn't asked you yet, has he?" I ask amused. 

"No, but he will! So shhh!" She hushes me. 

"But-" 

"NOPE! Zip it!" She silences me again. Damn, woman! 

I shut my mouth after that, letting Audd be desperate in her own glory. Alex is also clueless but he's slightly more clueless because Audd actually gave him the hint: 'You, me, our school, being idiots on the dance floor...' He didn't get it. 

"Why don't you just ask him? He's never going to understand." I try to convince her but she puts a finger up to my mouth to tell me to shut up. Well then. 

"I've tried. I'm too nervous and socially awkward to." She explains. Then an idea pops into my head and a smile forms on my lips. "You're making that face...what are you up to?" She asks with wide eyes. 

Before she can say anything, I steal her phone and run up the stairs as fast as I can and run to my room and shut the door and lean against it with all my body weight and since I'm like a frickin pencil about to break, I put my chair against it, too. I stand against it, pushing as much as possible as Audd tries to push harder since she's a lot stronger than this twig. 

"Open the damn door, you little devil!" She yells. "I swear if you send that message, I'm telling Louis and Harry that you took all their underwear and burned it as that prank!" She screams. 

So, just a little bit ago, not even a day ago, I may or may not have taken Louis and Harry's underwear and burned it after they told me I couldn't buy this Eminem song because it was explicit. I kid you not, I lit it on fire with my lighter I bought when Louis and Harry weren't next to me at the store, and then soaked it in water so now it's black and ripped and half missing and then I stuffed it back into their drawers. I'm surprised they haven't smelled the burnt stink of them yet. 

They're going to find out sooner or later. I hope sooner because if later, that means they wear the same underwear over and over again. Gross. 

"I don't care!" I shout and start texting Alex a message that says, 'Hey Alex...so um..I was wondering..since you didn't get my hints earlier...do you want to go to Prom with me this Friday? If you can't fly out, I understand...just uh..it'd be great if you could. Spongebob. May the force be with you.' Does that sound like Audd? Yeah. Send! 

"ANNA!" She screams when she hears the sound of the message being sent. I run away from the door and into my closet and hide my self behind my many clothes. 

I hear the door burst open and Audd opens the closet door with a snarl on her face and I can barely see her through a lace top. 

"I know you're behind the clothes, Anna. I'm not stupid." She tells me. 

I sigh and come out with a huff before she goes to her phone and sees the message and dramatically falls to her knees and yells, "NOOOO! AGHHH HAJKFBAGHHHH." She makes the weirdest noises when she's either mad or fangirling. It's a weird concept but you understand it after a while. 

"Are you fangirling or mad?" I ask. She starts flopping on the floor like a whale with a seizure and chucks the phone at me. I take it in my hand and read the message from Alex. 

'Of course! Sounds awesome! I'll be flying out on Thursday night, Ginny. ;) Xx Your Harry Potter' I laughed at his text. Oh, their nerdy relationship. It's so cute. 

"See! Someone owes me an apology." I say proudly, smirking at her and tilting my chin up and crossing my arms. 

"Fine.." She sighs irritably. 

***************************************
Louis' P.O.V (haven't done this in a while..)

She looked absolutely stunning. They both did. I was about to cry when they smiled up at me so I just smiled back and held back tears. They looked like Cinderella walking down the stairs. Anna was in a strapless light peach coloured dress with a gem belt and a skirt that flowed to past her feet. Audrey was in a really light blue, almost white, coloured dress that flowed all the way past her feet as well and it had a sparkly top but flowy bottom. They looked elegant to say the least. 

Anna and Audd smiled at the boys and I and Monroe and Alex had their mouths hanging open like dogs slobbering over meat. Fuckin perverts. 

"Now, no funny business, boys. Have them back by midnight and you won't die." I tell them strictly and Monroe rolls his eyes but Alex nods three times like he's scared of me. Good. "Especially you, Monroe." 

Monroe gapes at me in shock. "Hey!" He says offended. 

"Hello to you, too." I smirk at him. 

He rolls his eyes again before taking Anna's hand and I stop them. "I need pictures!" I scream and run to go get my camera. I throw things around in my room for a bit before finally finding it under a stack of dirty clothes Anna needs to wash. 

"I found it!" I scream and run back down the stairs. 

I have them all do a a few group pictures, one funny, one smiling, and one angry. Then, I have Anna and Monroe take a picture together of Monroe holding Anna from behind and them smiling and then I do the same picture with Alex and Audd. It looks adorable! Alex and Audd just had to do a picture of them with fake wands in their hands, though, pretending to be wizards. 

Then, Anna kisses my cheek and they run out to the limo I rented for them giggling and laughing, holding hands. I smile sadly. 

In my mind, all I can think is, 'My little girl is growing up...' 

**********************

Anna's P.O.V 

Prom was interesting. I swear, we were the craziest ones there. Everyone stared at us like we were crazy. Audd and Alex danced like hooligans. They were shouting Harry Potter spells at each other from across the room and started singing purposefully horrible at the top of their lungs. Basically, we ruined the night for everyone. We made it fun. 

But, what I went home to that night, I have to say I wasn't expecting. The boys were all sat on the couch with frowns on their faces and when the four of us walked in with our fancy clothes and all, they looked up at us with even more depressed faces. They looked as if they were going to break and cry any second now. 

I looked at them concerned and all Louis did was motion for me to sit down in the chair, so I did. Monroe, Alex, and Audd sat on the other couch. 

"We have some bad news..." Louis mumbled, looking in my eyes with with sorrow. I gulped and waited for him to tell me. He looked from all the boys and back to me before sighing sadly. "We're moving." 

"WHAT!?" I jumped out of my chair and screamed. 

Louis tried to get me to calm down but I thrashed and screamed at the top of my lungs and angry tears fell down my eyes as I kicked everything in my way. Audd and Alex looked at me not knowing what to do and Monroe tried to hold me and comfort me but I just ended up scratching and kicking him where no man should be kicked. 

"Anna!" Louis screamed and I froze and turned to look at him through glossy eyes. "Calm down, I wasn't finished!" 

"Why are we moving!? We can't move! This is our home! I grew up here! We..we c-can't leave...I don't want to let go." I cry and Audd looks at me with sympathy. Monroe is hushing me while cradling me in his arms and Alex is standing awkwardly next to Audd. The boys are watching me with concern and sympathy as well. 

"Listen to me, Simon called while you were at Prom and he told us that living way out on the outskirts of London isn't working and that we need to move closer to Syco records...so he found us a mansion on a hill about a block away from it and we have to move in a week." Louis tells me and I cry more. "The good news is though, is that we all are living there together and not in separate flats because Simon said that also isn't working. He said the mansion has eight bedrooms, five bathrooms, an arcade, a pool, a hot tub, a sauna, a gym, a huge kitchen, huge living room, a spiral staircase, and even a trampoline room where everything is trampolines, the walls, the floor, the ceiling." Louis adds and I gape in shock. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't like to let go of memories from the past. I want to stay in the past but I don't want to miss the future. For me, it's hard for me to let go. 

"But I don't want to leave..." I mumble.

*************** *Play music now and if you can't...look up Love That Lets Go by Hannah Montana*

"It's time to go, Anna!" Louis calls to me but I just ignore him. They can wait. Besides, I may never see this house again. 

As I walk through the empty house, my heart feels empty as well. The living room where the two couches and the flat screen TV and the reclining chair and the bookshelf with pictures in black frames are all gone now and left with an empty room with brown hardwood floor. The stairs I ran up all those times don't have the pictures hanging on the walls on each side of them like they used to. I especially loved the picture of Louis when he was a baby on a picnic blanket. 

As I go into my room, the lime green and turquoise walls are all that's there besides the carpet. As I look in here, I picture Louis and Harry singing to me on each side of me, trying to get me to fall asleep to their voices. I also picture the time Audd first came and see her expression to seeing Nina laying on my bed. My canopy bed, bean bag, drawer, and bookshelf with all my pictures, books, and journal are gone. I see my built in closet and open it up to see all the clothes and shoes gone. My TV is unbolted from the wall and all my posters are gone without a trace. 

A tear escapes my eye as I kiss my room goodbye and go to the bathroom and see the bland sink, toilet, and shower all there and can smell the last hint of Axe and Our Moment. I move on to Harry's room and see the navy blue painted walls and white carpet but that's all that's left. His heaping pile of dirty clothes I always had to wash is gone, his unkept messy bed is missing, his endless set of bandanas and his few fedoras are no longer in his closet, and his line of Converse shoes are no longer there on the floor of his closet. 

I kiss his room goodbye before heading to Louis' room. You can tell where the TV used to be bolted on the wall and his painted striped door is still there but his giant bed is gone, his endless supply of TOMS is no longer at the bottom of his closet and I can smell the hint of mint in his room. The secret drawer of Susan Doyle pictures are no longer in his drawer and the fluffy blanket I used to cuddle with him in is gone. I picture the time the gang and I all slept together falling asleep to Grease and how Monroe woke us all up by clanking pots together. Tears stream down my cheeks now and I try to wipe them away but they won't stop. 

I go back downstairs where most of the memories are held. The kitchen. The light yellow and cream walls are still there but the table I always woke up to see Louis sitting at with newspaper and a cup of tea is gone. I picture Harry whistling with his chef hat on and the smell of bacon I can smell but once I breathe again, it's gone. The table that Nina jumped onto at Christmas time and ruined Harry's feast. I sniffle and smile through my glossy eyes as I open the fridge and for once in the whole time I've lived here, it's completely empty. I cry even more looking at it. 

The stupid cat clock Harry loved is no longer on the wall by the doorway and the home phone I always called pizza on is no longer bolted beneath the clock. My heart breaks as I picture the memory of us beating the damn smoke detector to death with a mallet. It's still there but it's busted. We never replaced it. Not a smart idea. 

I go out the sliding glass door to the backyard and see the treehouse in all its glory. The tire swing sitting still like a statue and the two handmade goalies that used to be on each side of the yard are no longer there. Our white board we used to keep score is no longer on our lawn chair that we packed up as well and the hammock Louis used to have on the left tree is taken down. Another tear slides down my face as I picture the first night I was here and they taught me how to play footy. Then I picture our makeshift homemade Wipeout game. I let out a half laugh thinking about it. 

I know, as I stare at the yard that it's time to move on, even though I'm not ready. I just have to trust that where I'm headed I'll have good memories as well. And even though I don't want to leave all these memories, I'll keep them in my heart where they'll stay forever. I wipe my tears as I head out the yard gate and to the front of the house where I always ran out to try to catch the school bus and to even watch out the window waiting for the boys to come home from tour. 

I see the two moving trucks in front of our house and the boys talking and telling the moving crew their 'thank you's'. I walk over to where Audd is sitting on the front steps and she looks just as lost and empty as I do. I sit down with glossy eyes and I see a tiny tear fall from her eye but she wipes it away just as fast as it came. 

"This is the house I could come to get away from my horrid family." Audd says. I nod sadly and hug her. 

"This is the house I grew up in for three years and actually had a good family inside waiting for me." I tell her, my voice cracking. "I don't know how I'm going to move on." I break and cry in her shoulder as she rubs my back in a comforting way. 

"You've got to be strong and know that the new house will hold new memories." She smiles at me as we stop hugging and I wipe my tears and nod. 

"It's just hard to be strong sometimes." I mumble and bite my lip. 

"You two ready to go?" Louis asks. I nod and hop into my red Audi and Audd hops into the passenger seat. Louis and Harry get into Sandy and Liam, Niall, and Zayn drive the Range Rover full of our clothes. Two of the guys from the moving crew drive the two trucks full of stuff. Before driving off behind everyone, I kiss the house goodbye before looking at it all one more time and smile through my tears as I wave to it and drive off to create new memories. 

A good love is a love that lets go. 

_______________________________________

Comment below if you cried! It tells me I'm a good writer...

Anyways...I had any amazing birthday and got everything I wanted! :D 

I loved it and thank you guys! 

Next chapter will be the last of ABOD but I decided I may actually make a sequel if you guys give me some ideas on a good conflict for the story and maybe a good title for it? Comment below or message me ideas! 

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

SHARE

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S MAH BIRTHDAY.