Chapter Twenty One: Fly Away

Update time! 

Anna's P.O.V 

 "Monroe! You left your stinky boxer shorts in the kitchen again! This house is becoming a pig sty!" I shout and Monroe comes in without a shirt on and just some joggers. He pours himself some cereal and some orange juice and I roll my eyes in complete and utter disgust. 

    I can't do it anymore. I just can't! I've lived with this guy for two months now out of six and I'm already slowly and painfully dying! Our house doesn't have the same smell like it used to (unless you think mint and warm fire smells like sex and dirty boxer briefs then yes it does), the house is filthy, Nina can barely get to her food, Bimbo isn't helping with the mess, and Audd nearly ran away yesterday when we both came home from school and saw him making out with a random chick on our couch. I had to disinfect it around a thousand times. 

 I've been following his rules for the past two months, it's time he follows some of mine. 

   "Okay, that's it, I'm so sick of your filthiness, finding Nina almost passing out from the stench of this house, and finding random girls on our couch! It's time we set some rules for you, buddy!" I poke his chest hard and he rolls his eyes. 

 "Fine." He huffs. 

    "Ok first, if I find another spit wad on the floor I'm going to loose it. Second, no girls over! Third, CLEAN. UP. AFTER. YOURSELF. YOU. DIRTY. PIG!" I yell. 

"Olivianna! I'm sorry, okay? I realize I've been...a slob. And kinda a jerk. I'll make it up to you. I'll clean up and I won't invite girls over. But you haven't followed my rules too much either. You're always talking back to me and you always are around that Gage weirdo. I told you to stay away from boys." He says. 

   I scoff. "I haven't hung with Gage in months! How'd you know about him? And you didn't tell me to stay away from boys you told me no boys in the house. And I argue with you, I don't talk back." 

 "Oh well...I may or may not have saw you with him? That's not the point, though! The point is, we both need to follow the rules and at least try to get along." He says seriously and I sigh. 

    "Fine. But, if I find a thong in the bath tub again I'm going to kick you out and live on my own!" I shout and Monroe laughs with an amused grin. The past months we haven't really connected at all. We just kinda...see each other everyday. He makes breakfast, takes me to school, picks me up, we go our separate ways at night (most likely him ending up bringing home a girl after a Frat party), and then we repeat. 

  I eat some cereal and then Monroe grabs his sweatshirt and since he has Sixth Form off today for some teachers meeting, he takes me to school in his PJ's. Great. 

"You do realize you have to come in today, right?" I say slightly amused. He hunches a brow and glances at me for a second before turning his attention back on the road. 

     "What, why?" 

"I told you last week, today is cheerleading try outs and I need a guardian signature to do it." I remind him and he groans, pulling into the school parking lot. I promised Louis I would try out for either cheerleading or gymnastics but since we don't have gymnastics at my school, cheerleading was the only option and I will not let Louis down. 

   "Fine. But, if I get stared at or one girl so much as giggles when I pass by, you're going to pay." He warns in a threatening tone and I make a mock scared face. He just rolls his eyes and glares at me before slamming the Camero door shut and marching into the school in joggers and a Jack Wills sweatshirt. 

 "Why are you so paranoid? It's not like you're in boxers." I say puzzled. 

"It's not what I'm wearing, it's the girls who used to like me when I went here last year." He says looking around and then ducking behind my shoulder. 

    "What are you doing?" I ask bluntly and he peeks over my shoulder to look at a average looking girl with glasses, freckles, brown greasy hair, and a little bit of acne. 

"That girl. She's a demon! C'mon, let's get into the office before she sees me." He says and covers his face, hurrying past her and grabbing my hand and yanking me into the office. 

   The office lady looks up at me through her glasses and beady eyes and I clear my throat. "Umm hi. I'm Anna Tomlinson...I signed up for cheerleading and you needed a guardian signature?" I say and the desk lady smiles after giving Monroe a once over. 

 "Is this your guardian?" She says almost bitterly as she looks at Monroe in disgust. 

    "Unfortunately, yes he is. For now until my dad gets back from tour." I explain and the lady nods and continues to tell Monroe to sign on the dotted line. 

 After he writes his name down not so neatly, he smiles cheekily at the office ladies and winks at me before we exit the office. 

   "You can go now." I wave him off and I spot Gage staring intensely at Monroe and I from his locker a few yards away. 

"Okay, okay, I'm going." He raises his hands in defeat. "Have a good day and I'll pick ya up later, Tomlinson." He grins and rubs his knuckles against my head, messing up my hair and I huff, trying to fix it. He laughs and practically skips out of my school. 

    As I'm about to turn around something grips my wrist hard and whirls me around to be faced by dark blue eyes and dark hair, staring at me like I'm a scientific creature just discovered. 

 "What were you doing with him?" He asks in disgust and I look down. "Answer me, Anna!" He yells and grips my wrist tighter, making it sting and I wince in pain. 

    "Let me go, Gage." I say through gritted teeth. 

"Not until I get some answers from you! C'mon, we're going to talk." He yanks my arm one way and I stumble a bit before regaining my balance and tripping over my feet to follow him. 

   He leads me out of the school doors and guides me to the side of the school, against a wall and he pushes me up against it and slams his lips on mine. WHAT THE HELL?! 

 I push him back as hard as I can and his lips detach from mine and he looks at me with questioning eyes. "Why'd you do that?" He asks breathlessly. 

"I should be asking you the same thing!" I say exasperated and fling my arms up. 

  "I want answers. You used to love being around my gang and you'd always get nervous around me and we kissed before! Why not again? What happened? You don't even talk to the gang anymore! All you do is hang around your blonde friend and now I see you with that perv who tried to rape you!" He yells. "What's going on, Anna?" 

 "The boys left. Two months ago...Monroe is babysitting me. Audrey is my best friend and you guys weren't my real friends so I left." I say simply. He kinda stares at me for a bit before sighing. 

"That's it?" 

I nod. 

"That's a shitty excuse." He spits and pushes me back a bit and storms off. 

**************************************

   Today I finally took a lunch from home but I had to throw away what Harry made for me the day they left but I packed one myself and used the same lunch sack. The other days I was too lazy and mopey to do it so I didn't eat lunch at school. 

I sit down next to Audd and grin at her and pull out my fail attempt at making a sandwich and some Oreos and a water bottle. As I'm taking out my sandwich wrapped in saran wrap, a lime green sticky note falls out and floats onto my lap. 

   Grabbing it off my thigh, I read it and my heart leaps. 

It's from Harry. 

  'Dear Anna, You may not get this note but in case you do, hi! I want you to know we're going to be thinking about you the whole time we're on tour. We love you and do you still have my paper airplane necklace on? If you do, I'm finally going to tell you what it means. Your thoughts fly to us. Simple as that. The paper airplane is a symbol of what you're thinking but can't put into words so imagine writing your thoughts on paper, folding it into a paper airplane and then flying it to us. That's what it means. So if you ever are thinking of us, send your thoughts to the necklace and it'll fly to us. Xx Harry' 

  I thought about what he said in the note, let my thoughts fly to them? How will they know I'm thinking about them, though? Harry you're so confusing. Even his tweets don't make sense. He's too...complicated. No wonder Ella is always off her rocker around him. Speaking of Ella, I miss her too. Why did everyone have to just leave me? All I have now is Audrey and Monroe. And Nina, Bimbo, and Mr. T.S but they're pets..they can't talk back to me. 

 Two months. That's it, I'm going to try out for cheering, get in, impress Louis, and Skype them when I get home about the good news. I just hope they'll answer my call. Last time they were too tired because they had to get up at 3 AM the next day and it was already 10 PM when I called. 

   Right now they're in Manchester until Tuesday and well, today is Monday so they leave Manchester tomorrow and then head to Edinburgh until Friday and then they're home to London for two days! So I get to see them on Friday morning. I cannot wait! School also ends on Friday so after school that day, a whole weekend with my boys! 

  "Hello? Earth to Anna! You okay?" Audrey waves her hand in my face and I nod and focus more on her than my thoughts. 

 "Yeah. Just thinking about this weekend." I smile at the thought of them coming home for the weekend. She smiles back, thinking most likely of the same thing. She's become closer to the boys too and they treat her like family. I'm glad too because she deserves a better family anyways. Niall and her have the closest bond I think. 

 "So what's it like with Monroe lately?" She asks with a slight smirk. I groan inwardly at this mornings argument and she instantly knows what's going on. 

"To put it lightly, he's a slob." I say and take a meaningful bite of my sandwich. If I could express my emotion about living with Monroe it would be smashing bricks against a brick wall and then taking a wrecking ball and smashing it into a million crumpled pieces. 

   "Get used to it." Audrey has a smug smile and takes a bite of her granola bar. 

I roll my eyes and sigh and we eat in somewhat peace just talking about the boys coming back and my try outs after this. Yay. 

*********************************************

   "NEXT!" A girls voice booms and I gulp down my nerves and step up in front of three girls in the school gym. 

"Name?" She asks sounding bored and looking at her nails. 

   "Anna Tomlinson." I tell her politely and she perks up in her seat slightly at my name and actually looks at me with a smile. 

"Tomlinson? Like Louis Tomlinson?" She sounds interested and I nod, shifting slightly. "You two related?" 

I nod. "He's my dad.." I mumble and she widens her eyes. 

   "You're the adopted daughter?" She says breathlessly. 

I nod awkwardly. I didn't come to talk about Louis I came to try out, bitch! 

 "Alright then, show us what you can do." She nods curtly and I take a deep breath before stepping onto the blue mat. Audrey is in the stands with a bunch of other people and she's holding a huge sign that says 'LETS GO TOMMO!' Please someone kill me. 

I arch my foot a bit so I'm pointing my toe outwards before I cartwheel and then spring up and clap my hands together. Then I flick my foot high and do the splits in the air and then put my hands together and then put one arm up and then extending one foot forward I bend my knees and do a back flip and land in the splits with my arms up and a big cheesy smile...that is until I stand up and flick my foot the wrong way and knock over some of the sports equipment and land on my arse. 

  Really? I was doing so good until now! What happened to the luck of the Irish? I mean, I'm part Irish, right? Niall being my adoptive uncle counts right? Please say it counts! 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to knock that down! I was doing so good and I-I'm so sorry oh gosh can I start again!?" I plead and the three girls look at me like I'm crazy before glancing at each other. 

     "You did great...umm just forget about the last part. Okay you may go, results will be posted at the end of the day." The girl in the middle says. I'm guessing she's the head cheerleader. 

 "Thank you." I nod and bump into the equipment again. Shit! I have to stop doing that! 

The three girls laugh at me and I frown a bit before meeting up with Audd by the doors and she smiles with a thumbs up. 

  "You did awesome..until..you know..you totally fell on your butt." She laughs and I push her playfully angry. 

"Shut up." I roll my eyes with a little grin and she grins. 

  We walk down the hallway and the bell rings and I grab my backpack and quickly make my way to the board where all the fliers are held and where the results of who made it are. I push people out of the way and shove down some Year Seven to get to it. I scroll through the names, Jennifer, Kylie, Zoe, Eva, Anna! I MADE IT! 

A particular name catches my eye, though. A name right below mine. Cher. Cher tried out? I didn't think she was into that? In fact, she's in a gang...weird. 

 I smile all giddy like and skip down the hallway and Audd is right by my side skipping with me. It's nice to have her around. She's like a giddy ball of sunshine. She's so happy for me and I'm just so excited because I know Louis will be proud. 

"I'm so happy for you!" She exclaims until she looks somewhere and her face falls. "But I know whose not.." 

    I look where she's looking to find a pissed off Monroe leaning against his car and now storming towards us. He's wearing a black leather jacket, skinny jeans, a white V-neck and his hair is greased up. I thought he had today off? Why does he look so...good? Yet intimidating. Very intimidating. Like a bad arse that is about to beat my arse. 

  Once he gets to me, he grips my arm and pulls me close to stare at his eyes and just glares right into me. "Do you know how long I've been waiting out here for you?" He growls in my face and I whimper. 

 "H-how long...?" I stutter. 

"10 minutes! 10 fucking whole minutes! Where were you!?" He shakes me with one arm and it pinches into my skin, making me wince. 

     "I-I." I stutter again and I can't find words. 

"Answer me, Tomlinson." He snaps. 

  "I-I was looking to see if I made the cheer team." I spit out and he glares again. 

"Be quicker next time or I'll make you." He threatens and I widen my eyes. "Get in the car. You're cleaning the house as punishment." 

   "Can Audd come over?" I ask quietly and Audd stands awkwardly outside of the car. 

"No." Monroe snaps and Audrey's mouth drops open and I widen my eyes. He can't do that! I won't let him! 

   I kick his seat the whole way home just to irritate him but the second we stop the car in the driveway of the house he yanks me out of the car, slings me over his shoulder and storms into the house, slamming the door shut and throwing me onto the couch. 

"YOU'RE SO DEAD!" He yells and I'm trapped between him and the couch. 

  "D-don't hurt me." I say quietly. 

"Too late. You've been acting bitchy all day today! This morning you talked back, you made me come in and sign a paper in my PJ's, and you were late when I picked you up, and to add on you fucking kicked my seat the whole damn way home! Now, I'm going to make the rest of today complete and utter Hell for you." He whispers darkly and I shiver. 

   "I want this whole place clean in the next hour and if it's not...well, I may have to take your electronics away." He smirks evilly. 

"You wouldn't dare." 

   "Try me." He winks and struts into the kitchen and grabs a glass of water before heading towards the door. "When I get back, it better be clean. I'll be home in an hour!" He calls as he slams the door shut and leaves the house. 

I take a once over of the living room. Plastic cups, candy wrappers, beer bottles, wine bottles, paper crumpled, blankets scattered, a few stains on our carpet. The kitchen is way worse, though. Dirty dishes are piled like a mountain in the sink, sticky messes are all over the kitchen island, the dinner table is covered in my homework and Monroe's school work. The fridge is practically empty besides some cheese and some weird stuff I've never heard of. 

   Boxes of crackers are scattered on the counter and a glass of spilled milk next to it. Lovely. 

I am not cleaning this place. Cinderella can take orders from her step mother and bitchy step sisters but I will not take orders from my bastard of a babysitter. No sir-E! I'm going to do something better. Fly away. 

   Checking the time, 5:33, Monroe should be back around 6:30, I grab my coat, put a little package of Oreos in my coat pocket, pull a beanie over my head and kiss Nina's forehead goodbye. 

 Then I turn off all the lights and the T.V before looking back at the messy house I couldn't even recognize anymore and walked out of the house and into the cold of the night. 

This was it. I'm really doing this. 

I'm running away. 

______________________________________________
BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Lol xD Where do you think she's gonna go? 

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND VOTE PLEASE! :D 

Love you all and see you next chapter! This story doesn't really have an update schedule anymore xD I just update when I want really...

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

SHARE

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE