Great New Week

Day 29: 09/24/17 - 09/29/2017

Monday through Friday

Monday morning 

What a beautiful morning this is! Cold but not so cold, tense but still tempting.

I wake up at 3.30 am ready to take on this day with all my all. I get to do my normal morning routine and settle down just in time to start studying for my health assessment quiz which is the first thing i am to do at 8 am. 

Well, the quiz we are having today is on the chapter dealing with hair, skin and nails. I must say I feel somewhat overwhelmed at the types of primary and secondary lesions and the amount of information I must know. I feel as though I am not cut out to do this. I feel as though I am not there where I need to be. I also feel so unprepared to sit for the quiz today.

Additionally, as I look at the pictures presented to me by the book pointing out how certain lesions look, I feel so grossed out to the extent that I conclude; "This is exactly why I can never be a dermatologist!!"

I know I messed up. "How?", you may ask.

I messed up when I did not study in advance for the quiz today. I messed up when I neglected to go back to my books and wait till the last minute. That was wrong, and I know that. But what do I say? Choices have consequences and these were the consequences presented at my table to partake due to my inconsiderate choices.

Now I can't beat myself up right now, I must make up for the time I wasted doing that which is not important.

/Choices have consequences.

We may make some wrong choices sometimes

And the consequences befall us.

What we must not do is dwell on the consequences,

Beating ourselves down.

We wrong, yes, but we must get up,

Pick up our rags and keep walking.

Keep walking amidst all the winds that seem to put us down

And emerge victorious /

Even though this is so, question remains, "how on earth will I put all this information in my head? Will my brain absorb all this?? Will I really make it?"

Time quickly flies by and I find myself already taking the quiz. To my surprise, the quiz was way much simpler than I thought it would be.

The day flies by quick and all I can think of is of how grateful I am to have gone through it without hitches.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I scored a 100% on the quiz administered to us earlier on in the day.

Three days later,

Today is Friday.

I look back and I stand amazed to see of how His mighty hand has taken me through the whole week.

Here I am, on the highway to greatness, unstoppable by anything. So motivated to take on each day like there is no tomorrow. I often feel the positive energy rush through me and adrenaline spike when I think about where He is taking me.

Despite how rough and busy my week was, some voice inside tells me that it is not going to get any better and that I need to get used to the idea of being busy each day.

Now at this point you can already tell that the idea of what nursing is and what nursing is about has not totally hit me.

This coming week will be the busiest for me I honestly do not know how it will turn out to be but I want to believe it will be good and perfect just like this week.