❈XXII❈ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~

Reminiscential Elegy
LAST

What a beautiful day.

The last day, in fact.

After this, after everything-all will be back to normal.

Link stands upon a certain place, a place for archery. There are civilians around who he later found out to be called 'Ritos'. They're all rather nice around him, but a few stories of the Rito Champion; Revali, is told to be quite.. prideful. Nonetheless, he still is respected like the others. He doesn't know what these 'Champions' are for, but he figured that they were the Vessels.

He stands in front of an orb, debating whether to touch it or not.

This will be the last memory..

And then everything's over.

Will everything be normal afterwards? Somehow, he can't help but feel down. This is probably the biggest adventure he had alone, despite the danger he was put through, he loved the thrill of it. He doesn't even know if he wants this to end.

Swallowing in his hesitance, he gently shakes his head and brings his fingers closer to the orb.

❈ Honour ❈

"It would be such an honour to help the one chosen by Hylia.."

You lifted the lantern some more as you squinted your eye, trying your best to see through the never ending darkness. You feared dungeons, and the darkness is one reason why. You refused to stay in a dark place, it haunts you.
But this time, for someone you hold dear, you decided to face your fears. It was late at night, and you have managed to enter the dungeons briskly than you've predicted before.

There were painful grunts in a couple of prison cells, but none seems familiar to you.

They only hold criminals here, and criminals only.

So why is such a kind man locked up in a place like this? Beaten, tortured, and ignored. He didn't do a thing to receive such treatment.

He was in here for years, you learned that he was in prison a couple of years ago. By then, you studied everything about the palace dungeons. You'll get him out of here. With the help of your twin and his knowledge, you did everything in order to make your plan perfect.

And this night, it's time to make it happen.

Your light (c) dress flowed hauntingly behind you and you can lightly feel fingers briefly touching your ankles and feet in a ghostly manner as you passed by, you shivered in the cold. This place gives you the creeps. In the middle of trying to calm yourself down, you hear a familiar grunt of pain in one of the cells. You stopped at your steps and entered the cell on your right,

"Link.. ?" you laid the lantern down on the ground, and the surroundings lit up. You gasped at his current state; bloody, and weak. The said man lifts his gaze to meet yours, his tired eyes widening in surprise. You can see his beatened wrists moving, the metal cuffs around it clanking by the sudden movements.

Everything seemed so painful for him, almost as if this was his first time moving for a long time.

"(N-Name).. ! What-what are you doing here?" he questions, bringing himself up to a sitting position-only for him to cry out in pain and fall back.