✥III✥ |Mystery|

Mystery

A female clutched her dress tightly, raising it slightly in order to run faster into the depths of the woods. Avoiding the thick roots that sprung about the ground as she ran, she hisses in pain as a knife flew past her. She was quick to avoid it, but her cheek got cut in the process.

"Get her!!"

Her heart raced as it pounded against the walls of her chest in a merciless way, the panic rising as the seconds passed by. Puffs of air threaded past her bruised lips, her chest and abdomen constricting at the amount of air pressuring in and out of her body.

Is this what you get for trying to rescue someone innocent?

You looked over your shoulder, gasping when you saw the torches getting near, its flames of red and yellow flaring angrily amongst the shadows loomed and cast by the trees. What led it was an angry mob of villagers, and they all were mad at you for trying to get someone out of the prison.

"Ah!" you fell to the ground, your foot caught in a rather large root. It was the dead of night, and here you were, laying on the ground. You look up, one eye closing from the sheer pain across your body. You wince as you stand up, your knee had been grazed quite terribly from the fall.

"There she is!"

You shrieked silently as you began running once again, this time, slower than before. The wound on your knee seemed to get worse, disabling you to run quickly. It had transpired from earlier when you were in the heart of the dungeon, your knee had scraped roughly against the cement on your way to rush out. 

You panted, whimpering to yourself as you hear the footsteps getting louder by the second.

"Grab her!" a man roars.

Someone tackled you from behind, causing you to fall to the forest floor, crying out in pain. In a second, the villagers surrounded you, their torches lighting up the stygian environment. "No, no please.. !"you cried as your hands got bound by ropes, only making you whimper more. "Shut the hell up, woman." he mumbled harshly as he pinned you to the ground, a villager threw a large sickle at him and he caught it in his hands. His piercing [c] eyes glowing in the dead of night.

Raising the blade in the air, you began struggling about as you cried. But to no avail.

"No!"

And swung it down.

Your eyes flew open to be greeted by the peaceful chirping of the birds in the bright forest

Your eyes flew open to be greeted by the peaceful chirping of the birds in the bright forest. Cussing, you sit down on the branch of the tree, placing your hands on your lap, careful not to touch the piece of nature. Cursing to yourself once more, you jumped down and landed on the ground.