✠XV✠ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~

Reminiscential Elegy II

The moment the orb disappeared beside him, the same pain from when he first tore down the Vessel began. It was terrible.

So painful.

Link cried out loudly as he crumpled to the ground, his hands gripping his hair tightly and pulling it down. He shakes his head, trying to get rid of the unbearable pain in his mind. Through his blurred vision, he sees (Name) kneeling in front of him. Her hands were gently placed on top of his own, her eyes housing concern.

"Accept it, Link. It won't hurt." she says gently as she tightens her grip on the Hero's hands. Although reluctant, he did what was told. He eased his mind and shut his eyes as he breathed deeply. Just as promised, the pain slowly went away. Replaced by comforting silence and coldness.

He can feel himself levitating as the temperature around him dropped and rose, running up and down the scales several times. Hot and cold, cold and hot.

"Open your eyes."

And so he did.

-

Link 's point of view

The pain in my mind subsided as soon as comfort weaved through me like soft silk, it's a relieving feeling. I feel myself touch the ground, thus, creating life around me. Trees and grass appeared from the blackened ground and the sky appeared, it was still night as he surroundings created itself around me. It wasn't that long before I noticed that I'm back in the woods, the place where I saw (Name) running in fear.

I look around the place. She said something earlier that she would show me everything. Was this it?

Afterwards, I see something coming out of the woods. I didn't bother to be silent, I can't be seen anyways. I blinked in bewilderment upon seeing that it was (Name) who had emerged from the darkened woods, a sword in her hand. I narrowed my eyes, it had the same golden hilt. The same intricate designs.. It was the rapier that she's using currently. The one made by her twin sibling, obviously. Her eyes held remorse and pain as she passed by me with a small sob. I frown at her state and followed after her.

After a few minutes of walking, we came across a clearing. It seemed awfully familiar to my eyes.

My confusion was answered when I spotted my past corpse beneath the tree. I watch sadly as (Name) dropped to her knees, stifling the sobs that desperately wanted to escape her. I can tell it from the way her shoulders shook violently. I sat down beside her, frowning.

Is this what she wanted to show me?

She picked up the bloodied sword that was in my corpse's grip and laid it next to her twin's rapier. Taking a grip of her dress, she tore a medium sized amount of the clothing. She wrapped both weapons in the cloth and tied it securely with her hair tie. I watched closely as tears stung her eyes once more, not making a move to stop them from streaming. Soon after, her sobs came out ringing.

I avert my gaze, did she still remember this event? If so.. why didn't she tell me?

Her form lurched forward to sob, bringing the weapons close to her chest as she screamed out profanities. Desperate wishes and pleas escaping her lips.

I have no idea why, but I can feel her heartbreak.

I never knew she felt this way..

Suddenly, a bright glow appeared meters away from us. (Name) had to cover her eyes from the blinding ray, whilst I kept my eyes open, it didn't hurt. Maybe for a fact because this is just a mere memory.