Your Children

Coming home from a long days work at Starbucks, all you want to do is to cuddle up on the sofa with your man Bucky.

However, things are more...different.

You slam the door open and grin to see Bucky whizzing around with your five year old daughter Sadie.

"I'M A PLANE!!" He screeches, stomping around the house with your daughter clinging onto his back like she'd fall off at any moment.

"Pwane!" Sadie copies Bucky, making you chuckle and scoop her up off your husbands back.

"And now the plane is on the ground!" You say, swooping her up into the sky before gently placing her on the floor.

She giggles and rolls away, looking for a new adventure - or new action doll, whatever came first.

Bucky comes over and kisses you on the lips gently. You smile and return it, never wanting the moment to pass.

"Hey doll," he whispers, stroking your cheek, "How was your da-"

"Seriously, Mom, Dad? In the kitchen?" You and Bucky push away abruptly to see your son Brooklyn, 13, sitting at the table gawping.

"Oh hey Brookie!" You say, sitting down next to him and ruffling his dark hair, "How was school?"

"Crap." He retorts.

Bucky snorts loudly, and gives him a high five. You just roll your eyes and see what homework Brooklyn is getting up to.

You see, you and Bucky decided to adopt when you had been together for around 3 years, not wanting a child of your own just yet, but wanting to have a child from a different family that you could eventually make your own. That was 5 years ago however, when he was 8 and now he's very comfortable in his own home with you, Buck and Sadie.

Your eyes evert down towards the work that Brooklyn was trying to complete, and smile. It was your favourite subject at school, and one that you were extremely fond of going on to do when you were in high school - English. Story writing in particular as well.

"What's your story about?" You ask, before Brooklyn dragged his eyes away from the paper, and shrugged his shoulders, half-heartedly.

"It's a story of his life here," Bucky said, getting something out of the fridge for tea. He had chosen some pasta, a basic thing, but something that was enjoyed throughout the house.

You smile again warmly, as your heart melts in your chest.

"That's so sweet," The words practically pour out of your mouth, and Sadie enters the room again, still beaming with a Barbie doll in one hand, a batman one in the other.

"I think Batman's from the wrong comics don't you?" Bucky says, laughing and taking it from her tiny hands gently.

She shakes her head. "I like the Bat!"

You scoop her up onto your knee and look down at Brooklyn's homework again.

You heart was filled with joy and happiness at this point, and you looked over at Bucky. Your perfect husband - a perfect family.

You couldn't be luckier.