SUPER-LOG 2: Doorway [Extract - Pioneer]...

[AUTO-TRANSCRIBED from In-World CAPTURES / AVALOGS]

Coffee with brown sugar = mostly drunk.
Cat = fed, watered and secured.
Phone reception = linked to VR gear.
Apartment config = auto controlled (low-level)

'Ok, fellow gamers and explorers of the virtual... or cybernauts.... I decided I would begin at the official doorway. Oh yeah, I've got one of the special access keys. Found it where it was well-buried, if you like, on a Revel-planet, of all places. And so now that I'm all spiralled-up again and jacked in, I'm stood outside 'The' front door to: Fountellion, in The Spiral. Yes, after much time waiting. OMFG! And I'm ready to do this thing properly.

I was shown a direct path to the door by this librarian, deep within the Firecube library – so I didn't have to float about all over the tower to find it. What a library! Every book is visually represented there by request. But I wasn't there to read (although if I ever had to read 'a book', I'd go back there, definitely). No, I showed the nice lady the key, like I'd been told and she – maybe she was an NPC, it was hard to tell – at least smiled some rarely-automated emoji (or maybe it was a real smile) before leading me to a bookshelf that moved mystically ajar. It revealed... a passageway that led through to the doorway.

So now I'm here.

The door itself is pretty cool. The design, I mean. It draws you in. It could almost be for New Sherwood... a tree-house door, like. Only it's covered. Covered in leaves and foliage and stuff. Around it, there are mysterious carvings that have also been embedded in a sort of rock or stone. You have to clear off the vines to see them. They're kind of spooky, but enticing, you know? I keep pinching myself. I'm finally going to see what all the hype is about. Or non-hype; all the secrets that have emerged with the alleged integrity... of this whole, long-awaited project – this vision – from Ben Fielding and John Leaven. Anyway... after enough time... scrabbling? Scrambling about... I find some kind of hole, and I manage to get the pseudo-rusted iron-style key in the lock. It turns – unexpectedly – really easily, like... click!... and that's it, I'm in... Green light glows about the door and I give it a big push.

I feel really adventurous, you know? Like... a pioneer, maybe... Only you guys are coming with... so I'll try and do a good job. Hey, you can count on me, right?

There have been other Early Access – beta players – I appreciate this. You can go and see their avalogs if you like. It's no matter. I've deliberately avoided their's for now. And I know you guys are going to be standing here too, yourselves, sometime real soon. And you'll have a different time. You'll do things your own way. But as ever, this is my time. This is my experience. I've earned it! Hey, I'm worth it! But... I'm so glad to have you on board. Although I've switched off all comments for these sessions. This is just too big. I'm sure I could use some advice down the line, though.

Isn't this how we all play our games, right? Partly by ourselves, and partly with others? It's all about the quality of the moment; it depends on the situation. That's life, eh?

Ok... anyway, come on everybody. Let's crack open this baby. Come along everyone... let's go in.... Those crafty founders, Johnny Leaven and Benji Fielding: this 'world' of yours had better be worthwhile! Guys, I need this!

I'm still loving this beaten old door already. And the sound effects: awesome. The key scraped against the battered lock as it was swallowed by old wood. Now its hinges whinge and I'm pushing and the whole door creaks, and then... I'm falling... fading...?!

Damn, I hope I don't break my trainer... again... [VR home trainer]...

Stay with me folks...'