Wooflan- I'll Protect You Parts 1 & 2

Start from the beginning

"Why?" He shook his head frantically and another round of sobs took over him, leaving us back to where we started.

Over a period of about half an hour, I gently got him talking about what had happened and found out it had happened before but much, much worse. The first it had happened was when he had gone up to visit Mitch and Jerome in Florida and while Mitch was out Jerome made his move.

Lachlan had been outside sitting beside the pool when Jerome had come out, and they had chatted for a few minutes before Jerome pushed Lachlan into the pool and held him down until he had passed out.

Lachlan had taken at least 15 minutes to get the next part out and he had burst into tears at least three times as he tried to speak.

He recounted waking up to being held down on the grass beside the pool by Jerome, who was on top of him and forcing Lachlan to do unspeakable things, which Lachlan didn't go into detail about but I could guess pretty accurately.

Jerome had told Lachlan that if he told anyone he would kill him, so he kept it quiet. For the rest of the trip in Florida Jerome hit him constantly, almost drowning him later in the trip. Lachlan spent the rest of the trip in complete fear, the bruises didn't fade for weeks afterwards and left him in constant pain.

Lachlan had sat in silence for at least 5 minutes, staring straight ahead and not focusing on anything. I hugged him close to me and rocked him before I got the courage to ask him something I dreaded had happened to him again.

"Has Jerome done it more than that one time?" He didn't say anything before his voice made an appearance again. It was strained and he was trying not to cry, it was hoarse too.

"Twice more. Last ski trip and... tonight." He said nothing more.

I knew the conversation was over and that he would say nothing more that night. I gently kissed his forehead and curled up beside him, knowing I would get nothing more out of him that night.

In my head, I planned to go to the police the following morning and report Jerome with Lachlan, knowing it would only continue to happen if I left it. I traced the bruise on his face and cursed Jerome in my head, not caring that even though he had been my friend there was no way he could redeem himself now.

I'll protect you Lachlan, I'll protect you.

Part 2

Rob's P.O.V.

The next morning came around too fast and when I awoke Lachlan was already awake, staring into my chest. I ran my hand through his hair to alert him of my presence and as to not startle him. He looked up at me and for the first time I saw true pain in his eyes.

I could see the tears already starting to brim his eyes so I hugged him closer still and carefully told him of my plan to get him out. I knew I would have to sneak him out without Jerome and probably any of the other boys knowing and take him to the hospital, reporting Jerome.

He nodded along as I told him, and although he seemed scared it was clear he wanted to get out. I gently rolled him over so I could get and I got dressed, throwing Lachlan some of my clothes to wear.

He didn't move until I turned away and then I heard rustling before he pulled his t-shirt off. I didn't want to turn around but I knew I had too, it was evidence we would need if Jerome was going to be charged.

I was right about my thoughts, Lachlan's entire chest was covered in black and blue and purple bruises, lumps which looked very painful. I took a step closer to him and I placed one of my hands on his chest, tracing the bruises. Lachlan had turned his head away from me, tears falling onto my hands as he shook.