Chapter 16

Karma has encountered some crazy things over the years. Guilt, regret, anxiety, and so many other fears he'd never dare whisper to the silent night.

For example, Karma is absolutely terrified of thunder and lighting. The sudden flash of lightning, the loud rumble that follows, it puts him on edge.

Karma likes to be in control of things. He likes to be able to tell everyone's next step, where the story will lead. Thunder and lightning are so erratic and unpredictable that it puts him on edge. He wants to be in control.

Nagisa has been going against all of that. His sudden outbursts, his tears, his questions, all of it. Karma was put completely on edge by him.

To top everything off, Nagisa thinks that he likes someone else, while Karma's head over heels for Nagisa.

Nagisa doesn't have a particular situation he'll prefer. Anything from fun, to just out of the house will do for him. But the more and more time he spends with Karma, the more and more he starts fearing the unknown.

Nagisa has come to terms with the fact that he is afraid of love. Or at least doesn't understand it. Karma's explanation was so vague yet detailed at the same time; he didn't understand.

Yet he didn't want to ask again. Karma's pained expression when talking about love was too much for Nagisa to handle. Part of that is because he was talking about his love for someone else. Or so he thought.

Life is full of misunderstandings, and these two are prime victims of it.

And so, Karma was sitting on the couch once again. Another bite mark on his arm, blood making it's crimson tracks on his skin, how badly it stung.

Nagisa was sitting next to him, awkwardly wiping the blood of his lips. Nagisa still wanted to ask Karma about Asano. The reason why he stopped himself earlier is because he was in a frenzy, asking that question then would only make it seem like he was jealous, which he was, but there's no reason Karma should know that.

The atmosphere needed to be comfortable once more.

In the meantime it had been well past 8 pm, and the two were hungry. Nagisa awkwardly told Karma that he'd cook and that Karma should relax or do any homework korosensei had assigned.

Nagisa made a simple chicken noodle soup with some carrots, a warm dish he found appropriate to, pun intended, melt the ice between them.

They sat down and ate the meal in silence, every now and then a slurp or a sigh, but no talking. They were way to preoccupied with eating to even think about talking. What can they say, Nagisa's a bomb ass cook.

Nagisa looked up from his meal to catch a glance of the redhead in front of him.

Karma had been too hungry to notice, but Nagisa wasn't exactly staring. He'd look up slightly and then right back down again. He'd keep on looking at different parts, making puzzle pieces of in his head. He'd put them all together, the final piece being Karma's lost eyes.

Nagisa didn't know what he liked about them, they were just... mysterious. The way the light tones of orange fade into the passionate red made it seem wholesome.

"Reminds me of the sunrise."

Nagisa blurted, surprising Karma with the sudden lack of silence.

"What?"

"I... uh... was just thinking about how... your eyes kind of remind me of the sunrise."

Nagisa stumbled at first, but then slowly and gradually finished his sentence as he got a bit quieter, the last vowel being just a little more than a whisper.

"Oh, thanks."

Karma awkwardly responded, feeling as if he had to compliment him too, but Karma was having difficulty choosing what to say. He loved it all.

"Y'know, the way your eyes are now..."

He paused, scared to hit on a touchy subject. Nagisa looked up, and those before mentioned eyes shone brightly.

"They kind of remind me of the sunset."

It was true. The way the lighter and darker tones of red mixed together looked like the sun setting. The hopeful glint in his eyes had significantly diminished, but it was still there. Like stars slowly showing up during sunrise to take the spotlight.

If there had been anyone else in the room they'd surely be freaked out now, seeing two junior high boys gaze desperately at each other, looking for something far away.

Love is like thunder and lightning. It's all over the place, it's messy, it's loud, sometimes scary, and just all around chaotic.

And in both their cases, terrifying.

"Thanks."

Both trying to keep their cool, they continue their meal.

They never stop to think about what the future will hold for them, they're just living for the now.

They want to enjoy each other as much as they can for right now.

Just like love, they both have another fear in common.

They're both terrified that they'll lose each other to someone else.

________

I haven't updated in forever! Sorry for the short chapter, I'm experiencing some mild writers block at the moment, + I'm trying to keep up with schoolwork.

How do you all think the story will unfold?

Keep it PG please.

Fairy