Chapter 1

Karma's point of view

Nagisa. That adorable blue-haired boy. He's always so nice to everyone. Patient. Kind. Accepting. Cunning. Beautiful. Loving. Everything you'd ever need.

But he has a more sinister side to him. A side that usually stays locked behind a big door. The only way to open that door however, is bloodlust. The bloodlust side of him on the other hand, can only be described with three words.

Just my type.

Everything about him is so perfect. It's taken me awhile to wrap my head around it, but I had to face the truth eventually. I'm gay. As much as it scares me, as much as it makes me nervous, I'm gay. And the person who makes that fact pretty difficult to ignore is my best friend, Nagisa Shiota.

But I'd never tell him that of course.

I'd never tell anyone that. They'd probably laugh. Or just simply not understand. Or say mean things about him.

"You aren't gay if you like Nagisa"
"Wait, Nagisa's really a guy?"
"Karma, you're in love with this twig?"

As much as comments like that grind my gears, worst of all would be his reaction. Nagisa's reaction. I could just hear that boy's voice in my head as he turned me down.

"Karma? Where'd all this come from? Or is this just a joke?"

He'd give me that innocent smile and tell me that my devil horns were showing. He would never love me.

I mean look at me.

I'm a fucking monster.

Nagisa's point of view

I've been doing this for a while now. After school, instead of going home, I just do my homework at the public library. It saves me my mother giving me trouble about my grades. And distracting me by making me wear girl's clothes, making me feel even worse about myself than I already do.

Okay, so maybe I kinda lied about the library thing. I actually do my homework with a flashlight in the janitor's closet. The janitor's closet in the library.

Don't judge me please.

At first I did my homework at the library(not in the janitor's closet). But the main campus students would keep on telling me to leave and go steal something the way E-Class kids should. They'd distract me from my studies just as much as my mom did, but I couldn't afford to let my grades slip any further. There was no way in hell I was going home.

After finishing my homework, I just kind of wander around town and get home late. Sometimes I'll stop by the daycare to tutor Sakura, sometimes I'd just hang around the bookstore. I'd tell my mom that I was studying at the library and lost track of time. Half of that statement isn't even a lie. However, today was different. I did my usual routine. Be in the closet by the time the janitor's done with the afternoon cleaning, arrange the mops so that I can hide behind them in case of an attacker, leave by five pm, wander till eight pm, then catch the train with the business people, take the detour through the park and get home nine pm sharp.

Just the usual.

Right?

Wrong.

When I got home my mom dashed out of the kitchen. She looked so mad. Judging by her posture, the heavy breathing, the messed up hair and the crazy eyes, her mood should be-

My thoughts were cut off by my hair being pulled as my entire body was thrown into a wall. She grabbed my now loosened hair again and held me up by it, smashing me repeatedly against the wall, making everything to go blurry. I could feel the blood dripping from my nose, and I was silently praying it wasn't broken. As I tried to stay standing on my feet, she tugged at my hair and threw me on the ground with only three words escaping her gritted teeth.

"Welcome home, sweetheart."
________

I hope you guys liked the first chapter! I know it's kinda short and kinda prologue like but I'm just calling it chapter one. I feel pretty fuckin emo after writing about my poor nagi being abused. Anyways, if you guys like the story, please let me know! So I'll see you all next chapter!

A/N 04/04/20 Hi! I edited a bit of this chapter since some parts make me cringe. In the future I might rewrite it entirely so it's not from anyone's point of view, but these are just the little issues I wanted to fix.

Catch you later,

Fairy

(You can just call me that if you want)