Chapter 3

This was the day.

The day everything came crashing down.

Nagisa's point of view

I woke up, the stinging pains from yesterday's beating wracking my body with pain.

As I limp to the bathroom I notice that my mom wasn't home. Which didn't make sense, since we always eat breakfast together. Even so I was relieved.

As I tie my hair up a stinging pain engulfed my head. Rubbing the roots, I realized that I'd be forced to wear my hair down today. And everyone will ask what happened.

Great.

I left the house a bit later than usual, and took the later train. I'd still be on time, but a little bit later than usual.

I sat down in my seat, and just zoned out for a while. It feels good to do that sometimes. Just losing complete sense of reality and just drifting away--

"H-Hey, Nagisa?" A familiar voice stuttered.

"Yes Kayano?" I reply, trying my best to not look like I got hit by a bus.

"I-I was just wondering if we could talk privately after school? M-maybe somewhere in the woods or..."

"Sure" I reply, simply trying to get through the day.

Karma's point of view

I give Kayano a thumbs up as she walks back to her seat. I'm trying to be supportive. I really am. But it's difficult to help someone steal your love.

But I couldn't help but notice Nagisa's exhausted expression. The way he gave one word replies to most questions. And last but not least, that I his hair was down. That indicates that he didn't have time to tie it up, or for some other reason. 

After school I didn't want to go home, so I went into the forest. I followed the path to my favorite rock. It's actually quite comfortable. Sometimes I sit there and ponder random things for hours, other times I do my homework here, or I just stare at the clouds. Whatever I do here, it's just my secret spot. I wouldn't here the end of it if anyone knew about this place.

As I lie there looking upper at the gloomy sky, I ponder how rapidly Kayano and Nagisa's relationship would expand. How many kids would they have? What would there wedding look like? Would I be Nagisa's best man? Will he just forget about me?

Tears fill my eyes at the thought of him forgetting about me. I cover my mouth with my arm, containing my sobs as I listen to the leaves rustle. I just sat there and listened to everything. The wind, the birds, my soft sobbing, and voices.

Wait.

Voices?

I immediately jump off the rock and sprint into the forest. I hide in some bushes to see who was coming.

As if it couldn't get worse, it did. It was Kayano and Nagisa. I sat there in the bushes. Sobs racking my body. And I just listen.

"So Nagisa, I-I wanted t-to tell you s-something important." Kayano's voice squeaked.

"Ok." Was all Nagisa replied with.

"S-So, I always thought that you were a great guy, a-and the way you put yourself in danger to save me and I just well I just-"

Her voice was cut off. The mental image of Kayano being kissed by Nagisa flooded by brain. By tears kept on falling.

"I'm sorry Kayano, but I have a lot on my plate right now. Could this maybe wait for another time?"

At that moment my heart filled with a million emotions. Happiness, confusion, fear, hope. It was all there. I needed time to think. So I got up, and sprinted off without making a single sound.

Nagisa's point of view

After me and Kayano had that talk about whatever she was gonna say I left.

And didn't go home.

Like hell I was going home.

That was a mistake.

I just wandered around town. I ended up in some random place. I didn't bother asking for directions though. This looked like a shady neighborhood.

That was also a mistake.

All I ate today was a granola bar I packed in my bag before I left. I had money on me sure, but I didn't stop to eat.

That was a mistake.

As I wandered aimlessly around town, taking my chances and crossing the empty streets. The roaring sound of rubber on the asphalt rings in my ears.

I kept walking.

That was the biggest mistake of them all.

______

Okay sorry for not updating I just got back in school so updates might be slow. But I hope you enjoyed and comment your opinions! I love your feedback!

Catch ya later,

Fairy