And I'll be gone Tonight

As she crept down the stairs, she took a quick glance in the hallway mirror. Her face looked dull and pale, and she could see how she had lost loads of pounds off her. Even the lilac top she was wearing looked wearied out.
When she approached the dining room, she noticed all the others were already sitting, faces down. Something felt wrong.
She drew forward and sat beside Ian.

"So, what's up?" She dared.

No one spoke. Ashley and Ian exchanged a glance, but didn't say a word.

"Everything ... okay?"

There was silence for what seemed like thee whole minutes, then Zac left his chair and stood up.

"You have to leave, Glo."

First, she acted like she hadn't heard. But then it dawned upon her there was no mere reason for her to ignore. They wanted her to leave.
She darted her eyes towards him.

"Everything fine?"

"Yeah, it is just, you are not safe as long you live here. This is the first place they'll check out, won't they?"

She was speechless. He was right.

"Glo, I have these friends who live up on renu in a collage - student house, and they say they can have you there for some time. The rent can be sorted out and -"

There he stopped. Glory silently waited for him to continue. She was sort of relaxed to know it was for her own safety, but maybe, maybe they though she was a stress or something ...

"So, pack up, I'll drive you to the train station. We'll catch you the first train that goes up to Scarsdale. The address is 13 Tudor Ln, get there by the Taxi or a Cab."

And there he ended. He sounded like some guide, telling her what to do. She just wanted to think he was being a help, and even if they wanted rid of her, she would leave of course.

With a slight nod, she ran up to the first floor, into her room and started throwing all her stuff in the orange suitcase she had brought from Manhattan.
So her new abode was Scarsdale. Living with new people, more people.

Once done stuffing the clothes and other garments, she emptied her drawers and found zips in her purple squash handbag to carry them. Last, it was the photos of her with Zac and Jazail, she neatly kept them in her old Yellow album and slid it in the suitcase, too.

She went to the bathroom, splashed water on her face and tied her hair in a ponytail.

Then, along with the bags, she went down and on the landing, said, "Let's get going."

Zac left his seat again, gave her a little smile, took hold of her suitcase and dragged it along the pavement. She dawdled behind, towards her car. The two got in, and Zac started up the engine, and reversed the car of of the house. Once of the street, they were both silent.

None spoke till the railway got prominent, and as always, it was Zac who broke the ice.

"You okay with all of it?"

"Yeah."

"Sure?"

"I said yes, of course."

Then he didn't say anything. They parked the car, got inside, bought tickets and waited for the train. They still had plenty of time, the train was to come at 9:45 when it was hardly nine yet.

"So, I'll miss you." Volunteered Zac.

"Hah."

"What?"

"As if you ever missed me all the time I was in- you know."

"Of course I did!"

"You never came to meet, did you? You didn't even care."

"Uh ... I ..."

"Yeah, I know you wanted to keep away from trouble, incase I threw you in, that is it, yeah?"

There was a long pause before Zac muttered a yes. Then he mumbled an apology, saying he was intensely sorry.

"It's sodding okay. But believe me, it was bad of you, leaving me all alone for something you did."

Zac didn't say anything, except for another sorry.

It was silence again.
"You look funny."
Glory stared at him. What was funny? Then she realised, the wild black wig she was wearing with dark, gothic make up, had to be hilarious.
She laughed at realising the joke she looked like, and Zac added in the laughter, and they did that so for five minutes.

Then she didn't notice when she slept. Nevertheless, when she woke up, Zac's face stared into her, saying the train was here.
She rubbed her eyes, got together her stuff, and hugged Zac goodbye.
"Come to meet me, you naughty."
Zac smirked. "Hah, sure."

And without a backward glance, she moved towards the train.