Seconds and Hours

"It's okay. It's okay."
"Dad!"
"Zac, it's just a nightmare, everything's okay! Calm down."

"Dad! You can't go, I said come back!"

"It's okay. Relax. Just calm down."
"Dad." And then his eyes blinked open.
"Dad. Where's my Dad?"
Jazail pressed her hand on his forehead. "You were sleeping Zac. It's okay. That was just a nasty dream."
His eyes were deep. There were tears in them. Poor, poor him. Glory hated the Hamiltons more than anything in the world. That was so bad.
"No. He was talking to me. I know he is here, don't lie to me."
Callum snorted.
Ashley threw a pillow at him. "Can't you stop being nosy? Zac is under so much stress right now and all you cant find to relax him is snort? Damn."
Callum furrowed his brows. "You are an old boot, Ash." And with that, he left the room.
Ashley shook her head hard. "Okay Cal, I'm sorry! Come back!" She shouted, and went out herself.
These people were so terrible.
Jazail caught Glory's eye and threw out her bottom lip. "I know what you must be thinking." Glory slightly nodded.
"Yeah. Maybe."

And then no one spoke. Zac just kept staring at his legs, his eyes darker than ever.
"Jaze." He muttered.
Jazail turned and faced him. "Yo?"
"Dad. He was asking me not to do it."
Not to do what?
Jazail raised an eye brow. Zac closed his eyes and opened his mouth, but shut it the very moment.
Glory reached for his hand. "Zac..-" Glory stopped in mid sentence as Zac pushed his hand away vigorously. Glory gaped at the weirdness of all this. She tried to ask what's wrong, but it felt like her tongue won't deliver her words.
Instead, she turned towards Jazail and wobbled her chin. But Jazail was looking away. What the hell?
"Zac, what happened?" She managed to utter.
Zac didn't twitch a muscle. Glory felt just too bad. She felt like she had destroyed everything again. What was wrong with her? What did she do now? She had finally found a new home. And again, she had ruined it. She was stupid. Just so insane.
She closed her eyes. She again thought of the moon and the sun. But it did no good. However, she kept her eyes closed. Because if she opened her eye to the real world again, she would have to face its realities. And she didn't feel like it. Not at all.
"I'm sorry Glo."
Glory, unaware, blinked her eye open. Zac was looking straight into her. His gaze was so strong, so vehement, and if looks could kill, she would have been dead right on the spot.
"Glory, I'm, just, sorry. I don't know, but just forget it. And, we are doing it today. Tonight. I don't want to waste even a nano second. Jaze, call Ian and the others. We guys are going to make sure everything's ready. I'll talk to Ethan so he makes sure everything's safe tonight. And you girls get us some alibi. We have to make sure everything's good. And Jaze, you know what we have in plan, right?"
Jazail faintly nodded. Glory closed her eyes again.
Great. So he wasn't angry. Maybe things actually could get better.
Zac jumped out of his bed. "Believe me, I miss Dad."
Of course he did. And he missed him badly. Glory could just see that on his profile. Revenge was painted all over his face, his soft lips, his green eyes. And Glory could not help but feel that he was just so right.
Jazail picked up her phone. "I'll just text the others." And with the turn of a heel, she was out of the room.
Glory's gaze wandered to Zac again. She managed a smile. "I just hope everything happens just as we want it." Zac smiled back. His smile was more wobbly than happy, but at least, he was smiling. "Yeah. I want it to be perfect."

Yeah. That's what they all wanted, didn't they? They wanted everything to be fit and victorious, just like it happened in Disney movies.
Because, she had just pointed out life was like Disney, right?
Glory smiled at the thought. But her smile faded into mere vapours as she thought about what would happen after tonight. Will things be the same? Will everyone be happy? And what were they going to do? Set their property on fire? Rob them? Slander them? Or...kill them?

She immediately cleared the thought from her head. Definitely no. Their heart may be on fire, but their blood wasn't a Satan's.

She just hoped everything would be great.