Life is like Disney

Ashley sat on the staircase, fiddling with her love key-chain. Zac and Callum leaned on the lounge sofas. Ian stood with Jazail, their hands locked.
"She just ran away." Zac said.
Jazail parted her lips to speak, but no words cane out.
"Come on Zachary Hastings. You couldn't persuade a girl?" Callum made a face.
Zac just turned his face away, his lips tight.
Ashley squinted her eyes at Callum. "Cal, what d'ya mean "couldn't persuade a girl"? We girls are not as easy as you guys take it, okay?"
"Hnh hnh." Callum annoyed.
Jazail shook her head. "Guys. There's no time for these arguments. We need Glory. You guys know it. We badly need her."
Ian furrowed his brows. "Jaze is right. There must be a way to get Glory in. Money? Home? We have given her all of it. Man, that girl!"
No one spoke.
Then Zac shook his head hard. "Something's annoying her. They were her family. She was one of them. She was one of the killers. Okay, she had not known about it, but, that does not mean she is completely crime-proof. She should have left an eye open."
Jazail sighed. Zac was taking the Hamiltons the hardest. After all, they had killed his Dad.

She went over and placed her hand on his broad shoulder. "Zac. Don't worry. We promised to get revenge. And we definitely will." She winked.
Zac just looked away, but Jazail noticed his expression was smoother.

Ashley's key chain fell from her hand. She didn't pick it up. Instead, she just stared at her friends. Callum picked it up and pocketed it. Jazail and Ian looked at each other, and with a tilt of the head, they paddled upstairs. Callum sighed and took Ashley's hand. "Come on. Let's go out." Ashley nodded slightly.
And then they went away too.
Zac stayed there. He picked up the remote and hit the power button and the television blared to life.
"Ahem."

Startled, Zac turned around to find Glory standing in the doorway.
"Oh." He mumbled.
Glory raised her hands in surrender. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."
Zac shook his head and tried to mutter an "it's okay" but no voice came out. So he just let it go.
"Zac. I thought about it."

Zac's face changed. He just closed his eyes. Please let it be something good. Please say yes.

"I'll help you guys."

Phew.
Zac slowly opened his eyes, and a sudden grin appeared on his profile.
He jumped up from the sofa and hugged Glory. "You're awesome." He said.
Glory smirked and opened her mouth to say something but Zac cut her off. "And you know it. Right?"

They broke into a fit of laughter.
Zac met Glory's eyes. "Thanks a lot Glo."
Glory smiled in response. "That's the least I can do to help you guys. Like, you people are my home. Thank you Zac. For reminding me who I am."
Zac grinned and hugged her tighter. "It's good to know. Thank you too."
Glory closed her eyes.

This was better.

"So. Ha ha, let me text the others. Let's lift up their faces and celebrate. In the name of Glory!"
Glory giggled. It felt amazing.
Zac went to the television trolley and took out a MacBook from a cabinet. "My phone is cashless right now." He grinned.
Glory helplessly smiled.
She watched him as he typed vigorously on the keyboard, happiness pasted all over him.

Yeah. It was the least she could have done to help them.
Zac finally got up and came to her again. "So it seems like we have a party at Marriott tonight."

Could anything be better?

"And yeah. We need you help is with the Hamilton house map."
Glory looked down. "Right."
There was silence again. Glory silently watched Zac as he nibbled his nails.
"May I ask something?" She asked.
Zac nodded.
"What will you do to them?"
She expectantly looked at Zac. Don't kill them. Please don't become a murderer.
He opened his lips. "No idea. We haven't decided that yet. But we won't be killing. We don't want to be one of them."

Love you, she thought.

What a beautiful relief it was.
Glory smiled. She was awesome, and she knew it.

"So. What about we go shopping again? Yesterday was a flop. Let's get both me and you something for tonight. What do you say?"

Glory nodded. It would be just perfect.
It felt like the "Happily Ever After" in Disney movies.
But this "Happily Ever After" wouldn't last long. They still had a big mission.

She grinned. Did "Happily Ever After" ever last long? Nope. Not even in Disney movies.