"Oh." James could hardly keep the disappointment out of his voice and Casper could see him visibly deflate.

Casper eyed him."Look, I know you've probably wanted to spend my birthday with me and it's not that I don't want you to but it's just that my mum, you know we have this thing that I-"

"No, it's fine." James interrupted hastily with a reassuring smile."Honestly. I can't say that I didn't want to see you but I understand."

James' shoulders were still slumped and Casper nudged him until he retaliated with a smile. He wanted to hold his hand instead to reassure him but with all the people around, all heading to the same wretched place he couldn't but it was working anyhow as James tackled him and Casper shoved back, completely innocent to those witnessing it.

Casper wondered if by this time next year, if they were still together, that James would make one more addition to his unspoken family tradition.

Casper blinked. It was thoughts like these that made him sort of scared of just how intense his feelings were for the boy currently trying to jab him in the ribs. He shook his head of them for now, he didn't need to think about it and instead went in for the kill and speared James instead with his hand when he was least expecting it.

"Ah," James cried, clutching at his side."You little shit."

Casper full out laughed at him and it continued like that the whole way down to school.

James had to run up to see Mrs Preacher, the maths teacher, when they arrived into the school building. He promised to see him later with a lingering gaze and then was off. It felt sort of lonely without James by his side, making his way through the school building, not because he was a desperate little fuck that needed him around 24/7 but because he had always arrived to school with James and only the rare occasion without. It was weird going walking without James shoving at his side, trying to trip him up or - more recently - a brush of fingertips or shared smiles. But still, he wasn't some sad little girl that needed him about all the time, he could handle things by himself, especially something so simple like walking past fellow students, even if he hated every one of them. He held his head high.

Although he didn't feel any different as a person he felt as though everyone should see it as he paraded down the school corridor, catching a few eyes but mostly it was the usual mocking looks for his eyeliner and lip piercings. He felt sharp and happy as he found Daisy straightaway running towards him with a big smile on her face and crushed him into a hug as he got close.

"Happy birthday!" she said loudly, earning a few looks from those around about them which Daisy ignored by shoving a small, blue bag in his chest.

"Open it! Open it!" she danced on the spot excitedly.

"Alright, alright," he laughed at her but felt the spark of excitement all the same as he prized open the bag. "No way!" He looked up at her, his face in utter happiness." Daisy!"

She laughed knowingly. "I know."

In the small bag was two All Time Low tickets for their show in February, one that had sold out in the matter of minutes and he had regrettably missed.

He attacked her in a hug and laughed before letting her go to look back at the tickets as if they weren't real and would just disappear. "It's from all of us," she explained."Me, Lucy, Daniel and Logan. I tried to get Darla into it but she has something else, apparently." Her voice became bitter at Darla's name, as if to curse it if she could.

"I love it." he gushed.

"Yeah, I can tell," she laughed. "Plus you can invite James ." Daisy smirked as Casper blushed, catching onto his thought process of having two tickets. She linked their arms and led him to a table where Hedgehog and Logan were sitting at.